Dancing in Cadillac lights
by Kimberly Willis Holt
*Dancing in Cadillac lights by Kimberly Willis Holt tells story of Jaynell, who always trying to find happiness by doing simple but fun things.
*She was very close with her grandpap.
* After Jaynell's grandma's death her granpap start feeling lonely.
* So, Jaynell's father decided to make grandpa to live in their house. Sometimes, Jaynell feel bad for her grandpap because he was not talking to anybody.
* So, Jaynell's father gave a task to her to keep eyes on her grandpap.
*She was slightly curious when her Grandpap headed for the graveyard on his first morning outing.
* He seems to have a story to tell about everyone that is buried in that graveyard.
*The Pickens family is considered to be "white-trash". Jaynell's momma gets very upset when Racine and Sweet Adeline take cookies offered by Mrs. Pickens.
* Grandpap buys an emerald green 1962 Cadillac.
* He bargains with the salesman until the price comes down to $2700.
*Grandpap has a gentle heart especially when it comes to the Pickens family.The Pickens family is always thankful for the littlest things.
*Grandpap does a wonderful thing for the Pickens.
*Grandpap's time on earth is over.Now that Grandpap is gone Jaynell is dealing with the "secrets" all alone.
* Her Momma thinks the Cadillac should be sold to help pay for new shoes. Jaynell would rather go barefoot.
*Jaynell is faced with an opportunity to take up for her little sister, Racine for Jaynell's project in the school.
*Jaynell is torn between keeping Grandpap's secret or telling the family that he really did want the Pickens to live in the homeplace.
*Jaynell was truly a lifesaver for Mr. Pickens because she help them to live in their home place.
* At last, they went on a trip with their Cadillac and they enjoy their vacations.