Appalachian Educators Connection
February 8-12, 2016
Important Events This Week:
NO Seminar at 3:00---will reschedule!
Wednesday, February 10-Linking the Pieces: Using Social Media and Putting Together a Job Search Plan Seminar with Maureen Cathey #124A 4:00-5:00pm
Thursday, February 11-Inclusion Strategies Seminar with Rita Maddox, Appstate Teaching Fellows Alum, Special Ed Teacher (NC and New York City) 5:30 RCOE 124
Friday, February 12-Valentine Dance for Special Olympic Athletes 4:00-6:00 Whitewater PSU
- Valentine Dance for Special Olympic Athletes-February 12 4:00-6:00 Whitewater PSU
- Scholars Day-February 20 8:00-12:30
- Freshman Preview Day-February 27 11:00-5:00
- Dance Marathon-February 27
- ClubFest (more information soon)-Feb. 15
- *Calling prospective students for Freshman Preview Day-February 22
- *Prospective Student Tours---SIGN UP HERE if interested
SNCAE meeting/Teacher Leadership Standard 1
We enjoyed learning more about teacher leadership from Cindi Rigsbee, 2009 NC Teacher of the Year and DPI Regional Educational Faciliator last week.
Brain Based Research Strategies
Brian Bettis, Appstate Teaching Fellow Alum, presented about brain based research strategies that can be used in all educational settings.
Suzanne Edmonds shared an abundance of technology resources we could use in our classrooms this past Saturday. Thanks to those of you were able to start your weekend in the RCOE. Here is the link of resources she shared with us.