Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Often referred as ADHD, affects 1 in every 10 kids (children have a 10% chance of getting it) It is a chronic condition that millions of children are currently suffering from. Low self-esteem, issues and relationships and poor performance in school are things that children with ADHD struggle with.
Treatments for ADHD
- Stimulant medications
- behavior therapy
- Parenting skills training
- Family therapy
- Social skills training
Symptoms of ADHD
- Difficulty paying attention
- Frequently daydreaming
- Difficulty following through on instructions
- Frequently has problems organizing tasks or activities
- Frequently forgetful and loses items
- Frequently fails to finish schoolwork, chores or other tasks
- Easily distracted
- Frequently fidgets or squirms
- Difficulty remaining seated
- Excessively talkative
- Frequently interrupts
- Frequently has trouble waiting for his or her turn
There is no cure but through a combination of medicine and therapy you can manage the symptoms.
My thoughts :
Since members of my family suffer from this disorder, I know that it is challenging for the person with it and family members. I believe people should be more aware of the symptoms so kids don't get in trouble when its not their fault.