MSD Community Update for Feb. 27
Coming Up for Manville Schools
Manville Goes Abroad Second Information Session
Students and their parents are invited to an information session on March 1 at 6:30 p.m. about Manville Goes Abroad's upcoming trips. You can register for the meeting here and then join on Google Meet that evening.
- 2023: Spain and Portugal. 10 days, current MHS students eligible
- 2024: Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. 9 days, current grade 8 through 11 students eligible
- 2025: Tour of Italy - Florence, Venice and Rome. 8 days, current grade 7 through 10 students eligible
If you have any questions, you can email Lauren Kurzius at email@example.com.
Strategic Planning Initiative
The Board of Education invites you to participate in their Strategic Planning Initiative, Preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s world! The final Strategic Planning meetings will take place on March 8 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school cafeteria, where dinner will be provided. Registration is required and participation is greatly appreciated.
February 28 at 7 p.m. Board of Education Meeting
March 2 at 7 p.m. ABIS and MHS Pops! Concert
March 4 at 6 p.m. Manville Music Organization Banquet
March 7 at 6 p.m. MHS Winter Sports Awards
March 10 at 6:30 p.m. ABIS Student vs Faculty Basketball Game
Follow Our Schools on Social Media
Community Events and News
Middle Earth Outback Fundraiser
Middle Earth is hosting a fundraiser at Outback Steakhouse in Green Brook on February 28. Dine in or take out and show this flyer and 18% of your check will support Middle Earth.
The Manville Food Pantry will be open the second Saturday of each month at the Faith in Action Church at 228 S. Main Street. Please make sure to bring your ID and a bag.
Feeding Hands is also offering assistance the fourth Saturday of each month at Emmanuel Baptist Church, 34 South Third Avenue. See the flyer for dates and more details.
Disaster Recovery Case Management
If you are still trying to recover from Tropical Storm IDA, Disaster Recovery Case Management is available to you. This is a free service that offers individuals or households one-on-one support from a trained disaster case manager. See the flyer for more details.
Tricky Tray Volunteers Needed
The Roosevelt PTA is looking for member volunteers for their upcoming Tricky Tray fundraiser in May. Help is needed with
- Reaching out to community businesses in town and in the surrounding towns for donations
- Putting together baskets from all the donations received
- Day of Event activities such as set up/clean up, decorating, manning ticket sales tables, 50/50 raffle
- Suggestions for caterers
- Suggestions for door prizes
- And more
Since this is a PTA event, you must be a PTA member to volunteer. Reach out to them at Rooseveltpta410@gmail.com with any questions.
Recreation Spring Sports and Egg Hunt Registration
Come to the MHS gym on Friday, March 10 at 6 p.m. to register for Manville Recreation spring sports. Programs include
- Instructional soccer for ages 4 to 6
- 1st and 2nd grade soccer development training
- In-town/travel soccer for grades 3 through 8
- Softball for grades 1 through 8
- T-Ball for boys and girls ages 4 to 6
- Baseball for ages 7 to 12
Volunteer coaches are also needed for all programs.
And the Easter Bunny Trail & Egg Hunt is happening Saturday, April 1 at the Manville Public Library. Registrations are accepted at the Recreation Office or online through Community Pass.
Somerset County COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
The Somerset County Department of Health has opened additional COVID-19 clinics. Visit their website for a full list of dates, times and other details.
Manville School District is looking for substitutes. Pay is $140/day. See more details and apply here.