Big Walnut Elementary
Parent Update 4.29.16
- Important Dates
- This Week- General Update/Comments
- Eagle's Extensions
- Public Forum Calendar
- May 2nd - May 6 - TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!
- May 3rd - PTO Meeting (7pm)
- May 6th - Money Prize and Silly String War for Flower Sale Winners
- May 6th - Brag Tags
- May 6th - Spirit Winner Announced by Miss Maddie - Mrs. Tuel's Room is on a run! Can any other homeroom beat them?
- May 10th - Move Up Day (2:30pm) Grades K-3
- May 11th - 4th Grade Field Trip
- May 16th - Spring Fling
- May 17th - Move Up Day for 4th Graders (9:45am)
- May 19th - BWE Board Presentation (Student of the Month, Building Showcase, CIP)
We had many celebrations this week both inside the classroom and outside! This past Wednesday was National Administrative Professional's Day! It was a good chance to show Miss Diana and Miss Jill how much we appreciate all of their hard word each and every day!
Today, the decorations are already starting to show up in our building as we prepare to spoil our amazing educators - "Teacher Appreciation Week" starts Monday!
Our 4th graders practiced the 6th habit (7 Habits of Happy Kids) this month: Synergize! http://www.theleaderinme.org/the-7-habits-for-kids
Mrs. Clark set up communication and teamwork challenges to stress valuing classmates' strengths. It was important for them to seek out other people’s ideas to solve problems, finding that they can create better solutions together than anyone of us can alone. I am humble. Life lessons!
Finally, the reviews are in! The 3rd grade Recorder Assembly was a big success! Thank you to Mrs. Blocher for all of her hard work! Great job 3rd grade! Practice definitely made perfect today!
Enjoy the weekend!
Having trouble motivating your child to read?
My kids love the "I Survived" Books. (8 and 10 years old) ;)
Public Forums to discuss GROWTH
The forums will be hosted by the Big Walnut Schools Facilities Planning Committee.
- Trenton Township Hall - Monday, May 2 @ 6:00
- Galena Village Hall - Wednesday, May 4 @ 6:00