Early Childhood Happenings
St Charles CUSD 303 Early Childhood Department
FOX RIDGE - D303 EARLY CHILDHOOD
TIPS FOR YOUR FAMILY WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
ST CHARLES AREA FREE EVENTS
St. Charles Public Library
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Learning to read begins long before kindergarten. Reading to your child is one of the best ways to boost their brainpower. Any child from birth to entering kindergarten can participate in this self-paced early literacy program.
Come into the Library to sign up and get a paper log. Check in at the Library when you finish a log and move your canoe up our pretend river. When you finish 1,000 books, you’ll receive a fun, musical prize!
If you read just one book per day, you will reach 1,000 before the child is three years old. Join us on this journey to help create a brighter future for your child.
St. Charles Public Library
Unless otherwise noted (with an address) all programs for ALL AGES and are at the St. Charle Public Library at One Sixth Ave, St. Charles. Ages 7 and below with Caregiver
- Sep 12 Stories & Snacks from 6 - 6:30 pm in the Miller Haase Community Room
- Sep 13 Stories at the Nature Center from 10:30 - 11 am at the Creek Bend Nature Center at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve
- Sep 15 It's Fall Y'all! from 10 am - 12 pm in Youth Services, Helen Gale Story Room *Just for little ones 5 and under with a caregiver*
- Sep 16 It's Our Fox River Day Scavenger Hunt All day in Youth Services
- Sep 16 Mandala Dot Rock Painting from 1-3 PM in the Huntly Community Room
- Sep 19 Talk Like a Pirate Day! from 3:30 - 4:30 PM in the Miller Haase Community Roo
- Sep 26 Stories & Snacks from 6 - 6:30 pm in the Miller Haase Community Room
- Sep 27 Papel Picado Art from 6-7 PM in the Miller Haase Community Room
- Oct 1 StoryWalk® All Day at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve, 37W700 Dean St.
- Oct 5 Big Blue Blocks! from 9:30 am - 4 pm in the Hellen Gale Story Room
- Oct 6 Relaxing Coloring from 9:30 am - 4 pm in the Hellen Gale Story Room
Family Story Time in the Miller Haase Community Room
from 10 - 10:30 am
Mondays: Sep 11, 18, 25 & Oct 2
Thursdays: Sep 14, 21, 28 & Oct 5
Starnet FamilyWorkshops & Webinars (FREE)
Families! Looking at Children Through New Eyes: A Sensory Processing Approach
Sep 26 from 6 - 7:30 PM in Elmhurst, IL.
Come and join us in a parent education workshop like you’ve never attended before. We will take a light-hearted approach to learning about sensory processing. In this workshop we will explore the question “Why do kids do the goofy the things they do?” You will be introduced to some of the major concepts of sensory processing and the ways in which sensory processing challenges influence development, learning and most importantly, relationships. Ideas and strategies that can be used by parents to address their child’s sensory processing challenges will be provided. Parents will be encouraged to explore and reflect on their own unique sensory quirks as they attempt to understand the sensory processing challenges that their children may be experiencing. Questions and discussion will be encouraged and welcomed.
Adult Learning - GED, English, Citizenship
Mobile & Pop-Up Markets
Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry & Pop Up Markets (Drive-thru model)
All Drive Thru Models. No ID or documentation needed. First come, first served while supplies last.
- Sep 18 in Wheaton at Immigrant Solidarity, 311 S Naperville Rd, from 4-5:30 pm
- Sep 19 in Elgin at Buena Vista Apartments, 1287 Fleetwood Dr. (behind building 1213), from 4-5:30 pm
- Sep 20 in Aurora at Our Lady of Mercy, 701 S. Eola Rd, from 4:30 - 6 pm
- Sep 23 in Elgin at St Hugh of Lincoln Episcopal Church, 36W957 Highland Ave from 10-11:30 am
iGrow - Support for Parents
Car Seat Check Events- Batavia Fire Station #2
Car Seat Checks- Central DuPage Hospital
Free Parenting Presentations
Ways to Protect Your Child
Free Depression Screening
All Our Kids Early Childhood Network Parent Survey
For New Moms, Pregnant with First Baby
Domestic Violence Support Group
St Charles (Tri-City) Salvation Army
The Salvation Army St. Charles (Tri-City) Community Center
1710 S. 7th Avenue
St. Charles, IL 60174
Phone: (630) 377-2769 | Fax: (630) 377-2849
Child Care Assistance Program
Did You Know?
- You can receive 3 months of childcare while you look for work or attend school?
- If you are employed at a childcare center or childcare home, you can receive $1 copay
- There is no copay for families that are displaced?