April is National Poetry Month
Pike Middle School 2016
National Poetry Month School-Wide Poem
In celebration of National Poetry Month the library is inviting everyone to participate in a school-wide poem. The poem will begin Pike is... and everyone will be allowed 5 words to contribute to the poem. Choose your 5 words to describe Pike and add your words by clicking on this Google form. A word cloud will be designed from the poem and shared with other schools via social media.
- 4/4: Bookmark Coloring Contest Begins
- 4/4: 2,400 Panther Pages Due
- 4/13: 2,400 Panther Pages Celebration
- 4/20: Enter your 5 words on the Google form for the school-wide poem
- 4/21: Poem In Your Pocket Day
- 4/21: Bookmark Coloring Contest Ends
- 4/29: Bookmark Coloring Contest Winners Announced
- 4/29: Share the school-wide poetry word cloud
Bookmark Coloring Contest
Stop by the library, pick up an entry bookmark, and begin to color. All bookmarks will be judged on your creativity in coloring.The contest will run April 4-21. Winners will be announced on April 29th. Only 1 entry per student
Poem In Your Pocket Day, April 21st
Celebrate Poem in Your Pocket Day on April 21st by sharing your favorite poem with students, teachers, and family members. Carry your poem in your pocket all day and remember to stop by the library to share your poem.