Friday, Dec. 3rd
Sato Elementary School
- Friday, December 3: Covid Screening kit distribution day
- Monday, December 5: Covid Screening collection day
- Friday, December 10: Covid Screening kit distribution day
- Monday, December 13: Covid Screening kit collection day
- Monday, December 13-Thursday, December 16- Nominated students in 1st-3rd for ITBS and CogAT TAG testing Grades 1st-2nd
- Wednesday, December 15: Vision Screening
- Friday, December 17: Next Raccoon Register
- Monday, December 20- December 31- Winter Break
No School for Students: 12/20-12/31- Winter Break
Other important dates to add to your calendars:
- April 28-29, 2022 - No School, Spring Parent Conferences
- BSD added Juneteenth as an observed holiday, so there will be no school on Monday, June 20th. The last day of school is Tuesday, June 21 and teachers will checkout on Wednesday, June 22.
Covid Screening Test Distribution and Collection
We will have collection boxes at the doors on Monday, 12/6 for students to drop their testing off in. If you forget your test, we will not be calling home to collect it.
Remember, this program is run by OHSU. Please see THIS website for any questions.
Sato Community Winter Support
For our Sato Community Support program, we will be collecting gift card donations that can support multiple needs for families. Gift card donations can be delivered directly to the Sato front office between Monday, December 6th to Friday, December 10th. Each gift card donated will need to be no more than $20 but families can donate more than one gift card if desired. In order to support a variety of needs for our families, gift cards may be for retailers listed below:
When: Monday, December 6th to Friday, December 10th
Amount: No more than $20 for each gift card
- Fred Meyer
Where to bring donations: Sato Front Office
We plan to meet any current needs for families during this winter season. Any remaining donations not distributed this season will be available for family needs later in the year. Please reach out to the school counselors (Laurie White: email@example.com and Mike Lambert: firstname.lastname@example.org) with any immediate questions you may have.
Student Council Fund Drive – Oregon Food Bank
Student Council Fund Drive – Oregon Food Bank
Our Student Council team has organized our Sato fund drive to help support families throughout the community. We have partnered with the Oregon Food Bank to set up a special Sato donation page which can be accessed using the link below. Our fund drive will take place between Monday, December 6th and Friday, December 10th . Feel free to donate after December 10th as well if that works best for you. Let’s see if we can reach our goal of $3,000 as a whole school and earn a school special reward for helping our community! Please reach out to the school counselors (Laurie White: email@example.com and Mike Lambert: firstname.lastname@example.org) with any immediate questions you may have.
BSD Community Resource Fund
The Beaverton School District also has a community resource fund which helps provide resources for students and families throughout the district. Please click on the link below for information and a way to donate to the fund.
Is your family in need of support this holiday season?
If you are a family who is in need please fill out this confidential survey so that way the school can do its best to get you resources.
Winter Reading Challenge- Bethany & Cedar Mill Library
Join us for an all-ages Winter Reading challenge December 13-January 16 and help us Read for a Better World. Every hour you read donates 10¢ to the Oregon Food Bank, up to $1,000. Read a little and help us give A LOT!
Participate THREE ways:
- Download the Beanstack app and track your reading on your phone or tablet.
- Track your reading on a paper log from the library. Play BINGO and connect the dots as you read! Return forms to either library by January 16.
- Log online using Beanstack at Library.CedarMill.org/read-now
Extended Absences (Not COVID Related)- REPEAT
Let's put the Found in Lost & Found!-REPEAT
Special books have been chosen to be part of the library collection but are not circulated until a child chooses one as a Birthday Book. A bookplate inscribed with the child's name is placed in the book, and the child is the first to borrow the book. Once the child has finished reading the book, it is returned to the library where it becomes part of the permanent collection.
When should I keep my child home from school? -Repeat
We would like to remind you about our guidelines for determining whether or not your student should come to school if they are ill.
If your student shows primary symptoms of COVID 19, we ask you to keep your child home and contact your health care provider to get a COVID test. You may also find THIS website helpful for covid testing locations. Primary symptoms of covid are defined as fever, cough, chills, loss of taste or smell and/or shortness of breath.
- If the covid test is positive, please notify the school and quarantine your child at home for 10 days or as directed by Washington County Public Health.
- If the test is negative, please follow the Keep Ill Children Out of School guidelines
- If you do not want to test your student for covid and they are showing primary symptoms, they should quarantine at home for 10 days.
- If your child has any other communicable disease symptoms, please follow the Keep Ill Children Out of School guidelines.
If you have a child who has a diagnosed chronic health condition that may present as primary symptoms of covid, such as asthma or another lung condition and the school is unaware of this condition, please contact our school nurse, Sydney Garl at email@example.com or via parent square. She may need to implement a school health management plan to help prevent your child from being inappropriately sent home from school.
Please notify the office if your child will be out sick. We appreciate your help keeping our school community safe. Remember to use the attendance link on our main webpage
Back to School FAQ-Repeat
Helpful Tips & Reminders:
Meet the Administration at Sato!
We missed having an in-person Back To School Night where we typically have an opportunity to introduce ourselves!
If you'd like to know a little more about the Administration at Sato please check out the Meet the Principal Page on our website, linked below!