Volume 2 Issue 4
6th grade EL 2
Kindergarten- EL 1
High School Biology
The Danger of a Single Story- a narrative on culture, identity, and the joys and challenges of diversity.
IDOE- EL Guidebook December Highlights
Make sure to check out IDOE's new and improved EL Guidebook for 2017-2018 which is linked here to our webpage.
Key points from Chapter 1, “An Introduction to English Learners”:
The U.S. DOE’s Office of Civil Rights provides the following guidelines to ensure that programs are serving ELs effectively. LEAs should:
- identify students as potential ELs;
- assess students’ need for EL services;
- develop a program which, in the view of experts in the field, has a reasonable chance of success;
- ensure that necessary staff, curricular materials, and facilities are in place and used properly;
- develop appropriate evaluation standards, including program exit criteria, for measuring the progress of students; and
- assess the success of the program and modify it where needed.
Believe it or not, WIDA ACCESS testing is just around the corner! Look for important tips in the Staff tab of our website under Standardized Testing to ensure you are prepared for seamless testing. There are tips and resources for getting prepared and preparing your students. Click HERE for quick access to this tab.