By Hermann Hesse
Four Noble Truths
2. The Origin of Suffering: It breaks down into three part attachment, anger and ignorance. Attachment being a temptation, anger being the result have harm, and ignorance begin the ultimate truth of emptiness.
3. Suffering can end: Finding peace in the Nirvana which is the state beyond all suffering.
4.The Truth Path: The eightfold path which is controlling our mind in a way to help others rather than harming them
Eight Fold Path
2. Right Intentions: Free your mind of everything
3. Right Speech: Say nothing that hurts others
4. Right Action: Work for the good of others
5. Right Livelihood: Respect life
6. Right Effort: Resist Evil
7. Right Concentration: Practice meditation
8. Right Mindfulness: Control your thoughts
They're important because the world is becoming a scary place and it gives people something to live by.