Woodward North Parent Community
Happy New Year!
- Dress Uniforms begin Friday, January 8 for 3rd-6th grades.
5th-6th graders, it's time to sign up for Cotillion, Manners that Matter! The Wednesday classes start January 13 from 3 - 4 p.m. See brochure for details.
Parenting the Love and Logic Way Register Now!
$90 per person or $150 per couple (includes course materials)
Wednesdays, 8:45 – 10:15 a.m. January 13, 20, 27; February 3, 10, 17.
FAMILY FUN NIGHT on Friday, February 5, 2016. Volunteers and prizes are needed. Please view the Sign Up Genius here. Look for the RSVP flyer to come backpack mail.
Save the Date for the Next WN Parent Meeting on February 16 with Parent Programming speaker Dr. Mark Crawford. The topic will be "Character Development vs. Focusing on a Narrow Goal." 8:30-10 a.m.
Save the Date for the 6th grade "Wonder" Book Talk on February 11, 2016. 8:15 a.m.
1. 1/8 - Begin wearing Dress Uniform, 3rd-6th grades
2. 1/15 - Cotillion begins for 5th and 6th graders
3. 1/18 - NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Holiday
4. 1/21 - 4th-6th Grade Coffee with Mr. Notestine- 8:30 a.m.
5. 1/22 - Faculty Appreciation Luncheon
6. 2/5 - Family "Fiesta" Night- 6-9 p.m.
Monthly Calendar View
1. Friday, January 8, 2016 - The first day of Dress Uniforms for 3rd-6th grades. The dress uniform will be worn every Friday until Spring Break. Please make sure you have an Academy patch and buttons which can be purchased separately at the Sue Mills Uniform Store. Uniform Requirements found here.
2. Wednesday, January 13, 2016- 3 - 4 p.m. Cotillion begins. The cost is $120/student for six weeks. The program will culminate on February 17 with a Student-Parent Reception where all their skills will be showcased. As today's young people grow into tomorrow's adults, they will need every available tool to help them achieve a successful future. As parents, you can begin this process by giving your children a head start and enrolling them in the Woodward North "Manners that Matter!" Some of our highlights include:
* First Impressions
* Introductions and Toasting
* Table Manners and Silverware Savvy
* RSVP and Thank You Notes
* Cellular Phone Etiquette
* Dancing and Social Skills
* Public Speaking
3. Monday, January 18, 2016 - No School- Martin Luther King Holiday
4. Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 8:30 a.m. - 4th-6th grade parents are invited to spend the morning with Mr. Notestine, Principal of the Middle School. He will be at WN to highlight the Woodward Academy Middle School and to answer any questions.
Please RSVP here.
5. Friday, January 22, 2016 - Faculty Appreciation Luncheon
6. Friday, February 5, 2016 - Family Fun Night! Please join us for a super fun "Family Fiesta Night" filled with dinner, games, and great prizes. A do not miss tradition at WN!
To help with prize procurement, click here. RSVP forms will be sent home this week.
A BIG Thank YOU to...
- April Mehraban and the volunteers for the beautiful Holiday Decorating!
(and the not so fun task of putting the decorations away!)
- All the thoughtful students who donated gifts to CHOA! Your generosity was so appreciated!
- Wendy Harben for coordinating all the Winter Program DVD Sales!
- To all the Event Room Parents for our amazing Holiday Parties!
- To all the Lead Room Parents for supporting the Holiday gift giving!
- Sunshine Club (Amy Auffant) and Nilam Patel for collecting 183 checks for Faculty and Staff Holiday giving! Wow!
Thank you for creating special school memories for our children!