Welcome to the DUNLAP GRADE SCHOOL’S Weekly Newsletter
on the docket this coming week
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
- COGAT Testing through 2/26
- Lunch: Chicken Nuggets & Mashed Potatoes
- NO ENRICHMENT EAGLES
- 5th Grade Band Concert 6:30-7:30pm
- Lunch: Cheeseburger
- National Read Aloud Day
- PLCS: 2:15pm Dismissal
- Lunch: Mini Corn Dogs & Sweet Fries
- Lunch: "Meatless" Bosco Sticks
Saturday, February 27, 2016
- DGS Rock Star Carnival! 4-8:00pm
- March 1: Parents Club Meeting 7:00pm
- March 2: Wear Red for Dr. Seuss Day!
- March 2: All School Reading Campout
- March 4: Spirit Day/Popcorn
- March 4: 5th Grade Bowling Field Trip
- March 25-April 3: Spring Break
Great Things at DGS This Week
Photo of the Week
Cognitive Abilities Test (COGAT)
Starting next week, Second and Fourth Graders will be administered the COGAT test. The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) are administered to all students in 2nd and 4th grades. This exam provides information about the level and pattern of cognitive development of students that may not be captured by grades or other academic measures. The test measures general and specific reasoning abilities which are influenced by both in school and out of school experiences. It provides information on a student’s ability to learn new tasks and solve problems. These abilities are assessed in three ways: Verbal, Quantitative, and Nonverbal. The verbal exam measures verbal inductive and deductive reasoning skills and includes items such as: verbal classification, sentence completion, and verbal analogies. The quantitative portion of the exam includes quantitative relations, number series, and equation building. The Nonverbal test presents novel problems to students using geometric shapes and figures in which students must use strategies for dealing with new material. CogAT tests will be administered the week of February 22nd. For more information regarding CogAT tests go to http://www.riversidepublishing.com/products/cogAT7/learnmore.html
Note from our Parents Club - Donations Needed!
Purple Panda Preschool Registration is Now Open!
Dunlap Community Unit School District #323 will hold Kindergarten Registration for the 2016-17 school year on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Kindergarten registration will take place at the home school in which the student resides. Children must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2016.
The following information will be needed at registration:
- Book Rental Fee of $90 (cash or check made payable to Dunlap School District)
- Child’s certified birth certificate/passport
- Proof of Residency. For more information on requirements, click here
- Health Information (Physical with current immunization record, dental exam, and vision exam are due on or before the first day of school)
- Illinois dental exam must be dated after 11/15/15
- Illinois physical (with lead screening) and eye exams must be dated after 8/17/15
- Immunizations required:
- 4 DTaP shots (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis)
- 3 Polio shots
- 2 MMR shots (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) or proof of immunity
- 2 Varicella shots (Chicken Pox) or proof of immunity
The potential exists that kindergarten students and students new to the district may need to be moved to another Dunlap school if enrollment figures are high. You will be notified on or before August 9th if your child will not be attending his/her home school.
NO Enrichment Eagles next week
Set of Keys Found
We have found a set of car keys in the back parking lot at DGS. They have been unclaimed by our staff. If you are missing a set of car keys, please call our office at 243-7772 to identify and claim them!