Room 311 News Happy New Year!
Winter Break Week Three
Note and Reminders
- Winter Break- Dec. 21st- Jan. 11th (Note: Monday 11th is a non school day due to District-wide Professional Development Day
- Jan. 18th - School Holiday - Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday
Challenge Accepted Updates
Lexia Winter Break Challenge
- See above for current leaders. Deadline for this week is Sunday evening.
- Still time to meet your weekly goal and help us stay ahead of Mrs. Dixon's class.
- If you don't have an official goal (because you passed Level 14) work for 20 minutes for your 5 Dojo points.
- Sawyer, Trace, and Lyla added points this week.
- 1 point for trying the challenge and 2 points if your answer is correct.
- Trace, Sawyer, Joshua, Lyla, and Trace earned points on Challenge 2 so far.
- See below for Challenge 3
I'm Looking for your photos of your snowball catapult!
Email your photos to be included in the next newsletter.
Bored over the break? Here are some FANTASTICALLY fun things you can do!
- CODE- Can you improve your coding skills?? Work on Google CS-First Storytelling, Art, and all of the coding resources on our website!
- Create your own game! Use digital resources (Scratch, Google Slides) or paper and markers to create a game. The game can reinforce learning (math facts, vocabulary) or just be for fun!
- Practice Multiplication Math Facts! This is actually very important because you now should be memorizing your facts at this point in the year and will be assessed when we get back. You can use your clear plastic, practice with digital flashcards, or play all of the exciting online games!
- Learn something new! What have you always wanted to learn about? Research it and share about it on your blog. You can write about it, make a slides presentation, code something, or add a video. Just remember to be safe online and always check with your parents first.
- READ! Find new books, new places to read, share what you are reading on your blog! Fun Places to Challenge - or create your own reading challenge!
- WRITE! Write a story, a letter, or write about something you learned. Share your writing on your blog. Read and comment about other students' writing.
- What do you WONDER about? Check out Wonderopolis and see what's out there.
Kid Blog Featured Writing!
Check out our featured writer of the week! Learn about trampolines from Quinn.
Featured Coding Project
Check out our featured coding project. Flash back to a story involving coming in from the cold!