Sun Valley High Media Center
2019-2020 Special Edition for Teachers
What if students don't know their usernames and/or passwords?
How Do I Help Students with their NCEdCloud Accounts?
Please use the Student Username Lookup on the Teacher Startup page to verify that the student is using the correct username/password prior to resetting the account.
- Instructions to Claim Student Account
- Instructions for Teacher to Reset Student Account
What if students have Chromebook issues?
Mr. McCrimmon is our Desktop Support Engineer (DSE). Students may come to the media center to see him during HelpDesk hours if there are issues concerning their Chromebooks.
Tuesday and Thursday
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:30am - 12:00pm
Tuesday and Thursday
1:00pm - 3:00pm
Top 10 Things to know about your Media Center
- Teachers may send up to 3 students at a time during class. Students may be returned to class if space is not available.
- Please call in advance if sending students to take a test.
- Teachers must accompany classes to and from the media center and must remain with them throughout the scheduled block. The teacher is responsible for maintaining orderly and appropriate behavior.
- Please inform students of their computer usernames and passwords before coming to the media center.
- Substitutes are not permitted to bring classes to the media center.
- It is recommended that teachers collaborate with the media center staff prior to coming to the media center to ensure required resources are available for students.
- Students are charged 10 cents per page for black/white prints and 25 cents for color prints, even when with a scheduled class and for class assignments.
- Laminating and Poster printing are available at no cost for classroom materials. There are forms in the media center that are to be completed by the teacher to request these services. Teachers are limited to 10 posters per year.
- All materials and equipment must be checked out before being removed from media center. Please plan ahead and request materials and equipment in advance of the date needed.
- Available Equipment: external DVD drives, digital cameras and camcorders, document cameras, speakers, CD players, TV with VCR/DVD combos.
Need to Schedule a Class or Reserve Equipment?
- An Online Media Center Calendar is kept up-to-date for your convenience. This calendar keeps a record of the media center reservations. You may make reservations by emailing Mrs. Mabry.
- Scheduling and Reservation Procedures are located on the Media Center webpage.
- Booktalks, database tutorials, copyright and plagiarism instruction, research, citation and resource instruction, instructional collaboration, & technology training are available upon request.