2nd Grade News
September 12th - 16th
- We are working on long A and long I letter sounds
- We pick and read "just right" books everyday
- We are working on prewriting for our personal narratives
- Reading Assessments
- We have been working on using a variety of strategies for addition and subtraction problems
- Students got to choose which strategy worked best for them
- Students have begun to learn strategies for how to solve word problems
- We are continuing our unit on Air and Weather
- Students got to explore air pressure using tubes and syringes
- Students learned that air is everywhere, air can move, and air can take up space
- We are working on our Community unit
- Students completed family portraits
- Fundraiser Forms and Money are due
- We will take our first math assessment over topic 1
- Come run with me at #WorkoutWednesday! It starts at 7:20 a.m. on the K-2 playground
- Think College Thursday #TCT - wear your college colors/apparel
- Dine out for Education
- Picture Day!
Van Allen Spirit Wear is Available Now!!!!!!!!
The link for ordering online is included at the bottom of the page. Online orders are due by September 26
Order forms will be sent to you all via email. These forms are due September 30th
- Math homework goes home every Friday and is due the following Friday
- Spelling homework goes home on Monday and is due Friday
- Homework must be completed and turned in on time in order for your student to earn extra homework recess. (Also, please remind your student to put their name on all their homework!)
- Please send headphones with your student if you have not yet done so
Star of the Week
The second Star of the Week was Ava G.L.!!! Ava shared photos of her family and dog!! Ava and her family do many fun things together!
This week, our Star of the Week was Marcus!!! Marcus shared photos of his family! He also likes Pokemon and his new Xbox!