Park View Newsletter
Mrs. Wallerstedt 10/30/2020
**No School - Tuesday, November 3rd Election Day State Holiday!**
Healthy = Hybrid Update
As we continue our Hybrid learning schedule I'll always update you on any new information or changes we must make to keep us here, in school and healthy. Students are required to wear masks on campus and not all masks are created equal. To keep mitigating the opportunity for spread here at Park View, we cannot allow students to wear Gaitor masks. Those are the masks that sit around the neck and are pulled up to cover a person's mouth and nose. These coverings do not stop respiratory droplets like the more traditional masks due to what they are made of. So all masks must be the type that secure around the ears, or back of the head. Starting on Monday (11/2) please be sure your child(ren) is/are wearing the correct masks at school. Healthy = Hybrid / Hibrido = Saludable means we want to keep our in-person learning in place by avoiding any spread here at school. THANK YOU!
Virtual Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences
In the next couple weeks I will give you more information about how to sign up through Skyward. The window for parent sign-ups for Park View School will begin Saturday (11/14) and end Friday (11/20). For now, block out some time on those two days to make sure you can attend conferences at Park View virtually.
Welcome New Office Clerk - Josy Weyers!
Pick-Up/Drop Off Safety
We have a drop off loop at the south end of our school. There are a few VERY IMPORTANT safety guidelines everyone must follow to make sure our PV Panthers are safe and we have no accidents or injuries. Everyone must adhere to the safety expectations below:
1. Use the outer loop to pull up, wait and then drop-off/pick-up you child(ren) on the section of the loop that meets the sidewalk.
2. Students should enter/exit cars directly onto the sidewalk and not the other side in the middle of the loop.
3. Pull up all the way to the yellow line that is past the crosswalk. Two cars can fit beyond the crosswalk and three cars can fit before the crosswalk all along the sidewalk.
4. NEVER pull into the staff parking lot to drop off a child. NEVER walk across the staff parking lot. Only walk on the sidewalks along the building.
5. Please let the walking pedestrians have the right of way on the crosswalk and watch for very little people crossing in the crosswalk.
** If you have a family member picking up or dropping off your child, make sure they know these expectations.
Thank You for keeping everyone on the Park View campus safe!!
An Opportunity To Honor Our Veterans
Don't forget about "Reflections" 2020
It's time to participate in the National PTA Reflections Program. The theme this year, " I Matter Because . . . . . " This is a perfect way for your child(ren) to express why they matter using their own creativity (dance, film, literature, music, photography, visual arts). Everything you need to know about how to enter is right here in this flyer. I hope to see lots of Panthers submit reflection projects and represent Park View School!!