Friday, November 2, 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
- Grades are due by noon on Monday, November 5. Comments should be entered for all subjects on report cards.
- Be reminded that grades should be reviewed before finalizing. Students should not be penalized due to time off from the hurricane. Have you reviewed how many students have failed your class? Was the extra credit assignment factored into grades?
- We will be testing Monday and Tuesday of next week. EC teachers will be helping with testing.
- Teachers, please ensure that you do not leave your students unattended for even a minute or two. An adult should supervise students at all times.
- Club information and student registration information will be sent out next week. Our first scheduled club day is Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2:55-3:25.
- Go ahead and begin thinking about your students and how you will serve them for Spartan time. Strategic Planning must take place in order to ensure proficiency and growth for the 2018-19 school year.
- Parent Teacher Conferences will be held informally at each individual school. Dates and times for SHMS will be set soon.
- What relationship have you built with your parents? Is it one of teaming and working together? Although students may have issues, how do we share those without being overly critical and at the same time assuring parents we will work through the issues together?
- Discipline goals for November: 6th - 18 referrals / 7th - 18 referrals / 8th - 18 referrals / Electives - 10 referrals
- If you need a clock for testing, please let Ms. Audrey know.
- CTE awarded $50,000 grant to fund another middle school position to focus on robotics and drones - split between Carver and Spring Hill - this CTE/STEM/Intro to Coding (From Cabinet)
- FIELD TRIPS - Be reminded that field trips must have 1 to 10 chaperone ratio for in county trips and 1 to 8 for out-of-county trips. Chaperones must be listed on the field trip request form when submitting to central office. Field trips for 2nd semester are due in December.
- CTE TEACHERS: Our next middle school CTE meeting will be held on Thursday, November 8 at 4:00 at Spring Hill.
- The faculty meeting for Monday is cancelled due to Instructional Planning Days on Monday and Tuesday of next week.
- Instructional planning days will be held on Monday/Tuesday (Nov 5/6). Please ensure that you leave plenty of work. Since we have a lot of subs on campus, make sure that you make arrangements for students that may not handle subs well with your teammates. Arrive on time 8:00 and bring all materials for planning.
- The Awards program agenda will be sent the first part of next week. Please make sure that you discuss with students behavior expectations for the assembly, especially the awards assembly. More details to come. (Nov. 8)
- There will be a Native American Assembly on Thursday, Nov. 8 at 2:15pm. There will be a special schedule for this day due to the Awards Program and this assembly. Stay tuned.
- Don't forget to make plans to stay for Paint, Dine and Socialize on Thursday. Don't miss out on a great opportunity to socialize and have some fun with our Spartan family!
- Picture day is on Friday, November 9th. A schedule will be provided to you.
- No School on Monday, November 12th to honor Veterans day.
8th graders can purchase a time to paint through the month of November!
- Jay David, SHMS 8th grader, guest speaker at State of Education breakfast this past Friday.
- Thank you to all presenters for our Parent Night! Mr. Dunham, Ms. E. Johnson, Mr. Odom, Ms. Lynette, Ms. Harris, Mr. Bream, Mrs. Williams, and Mrs. Tippett. Unfortunately, we didn't have a lot of parent participation, but hopefully, we did impact the parents that came.
- Thank you to all staff members that attended Parent Night and taking time away from your families.
- A huge shout out to our Elective Teachers and support personnel for setting up Fall Trunk or Treat for our students that met their monthly behavioral goal. Thank you to Ms. Lynette and Ms. Audrey to organizing and helping, as well.
- Kudos to Ms. Janet for always holding down the front office, no matter what is going on! We appreciate you!
- A big thanks to Mr. Cain and the football coaching staff for a great season. Thank you to all staff members that came out and supported the Spartans at Pate Stadium.
- Mrs. Allen and Mr. Bream, thank you for coordinating and pulling off our first Pep Rally of the year. It was great!!
- For all of you staff members that participated by dressing up this week, you looked great! (Well, some of you looked better than others... :)
- Ms. McRae invited a guest speaker to her classes this week where students participated in solving a crime using scientific techniques. Kudos to Ms. McRae for using her resources!
- A big shout out to Montpelier Church for providing candy for our Trunk or Treat and doughnuts/apples for the Halloweeny Treats this week.
Monday/ Tuesday, November 5/6 - Classroom/EC teacher planning days
Wednesday, November 7 - Report cards sent home
Thursday, November 8 - Paint & Dine night (RSVP)
Thursday, November 8 - Awards Program
Thursday, November 8 - Native American Assembly 2:15
Thursday, November 8 - Paint, Dine and Socialize 6pm
Friday, November 9 - Picture Day / Sports Pictures
November 12- Veterans Day Holiday- No School
November 14- Wacky Wednesday
November 15 - Fall District Arts Night for County Band and Secondary Art
November 16 - TLC
November 16 - Open Gym 4:00 - 6:00
November 19 - SIT Meeting