Trexler Middle School
Cheddar Bo with Your Kiddo (A Student Led Conference)
Parents, please mark your calendar for February 16th when Trexler will host a parent conference day. During the event parents will be able to enjoy a Bojangles cheddar biscuit while your child shares a summary of their progress this school year. As follows are the times designated for each grade level:
6th Grade: 11:00am-11:45am
7th Grade: 9:15am-10:00am
8th Grade: 8:30am-9:15am
RSVP's were due Thursday, February 8th; however if you would like to attend and have not RSVP'd please contact Mrs. Ford at email@example.com.
BETA Club Goes to Greensboro
Members of the Trexler Beta Club joined 110 clubs and over 4,000 attendees at the NC Junior Beta Convention in Greensboro, NC on February 4th through February 6th. The theme for the convention was Beta On My Mind. This theme encouraged students to keep in mind the four pillars of BETA which are Service, Leadership, Achievement and Character. Students were able to hear keynote speeches on these topics as well as compete in academics, STEM challenges, visual arts, and performance categories. Trexler is proud to bring home awards in talent and academics. Our club won 6th place in Group Talent, and Lena Phillips won 2nd place in Language Arts. Congratulations to all our BETA members!
The Lady Falcons dominated the Southwest Stallions on Thursday night with a score of 30 to 6. Mallory Foy and Armani Reid led on the offensive end with 8 points each. Eighth graders Kaydin Williams, Natalie Mills and Caroline Cubas held their own on defense to pave the way to a victory. Come out and watch your Lady Falcons this Saturday, February 2nd at 9 AM for their second game of the 2018 Middle School Girls Basketball Tournament. Go Falcons!
Tryouts for Boys' Soccer and Girls' Volleyball will begin on Friday, February 9th and continue through Tuesday, February 13th. Both teams will play their first game of the season on February 27th, at Hunters Creek Middle School and the games will start at 4:00 PM. For more information about tryout times and required gear, please contact Ms. Cubas at firstname.lastname@example.org (volleyball) or Mr. Sunding at email@example.com (boys' soccer).
All County Chorus
We are very proud to have 15 students participating in the Onslow All County Chorus this year. Our participants are: Lily McIntosh, Natalie Butcher, MaKena Johnson, Johnathan Knapp, Emma LaFlam, Talia Northern, Shalya Woods, Branden Adkison, Breanna Benavidez, Hailey Brett, Lily Meracle, Landon Perry, Azel Solomon, Roni Wright, and Cadence Williams. These students will be performing in the free concert to be held at Northside High School on Saturday, February 10th at 3:00 P.M. We invite you to come out and support our Falcon Singers on Saturday!
February Character Word of the Month is Cooperation.
As an AVID school, collaboration is one of our focus areas within the WICOR model – Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and Reading. Cooperation is key in making collaboration work!
People who cooperate:
- Model working together with others.
- Work together with people in their home life, community and school.
- Make good decisions and choices.
- Have positive relationships with family, teachers and peers.
- Understand that cooperation is a process, not a program.
- Help bring out the BEST in all by working together.
People who cooperate realize:
- We can do more working together than we can do alone.
- Every person has a unique contribution to make to the group.
- Success is gained when everyone works together.
- Two heads are better than one.
- Things in life come easier if you know how to get along and cooperate with others.
People show others how to cooperate by:
- Listening to other peoples’ opinions and including others’ ideas.
- Being supportive of other peoples' ideas, even when you might not agree with them.
- Cheerfully working with the partner to whom you are assigned so as not to hurt their feelings.
- Greeting visitors and making them feel welcome.
- Being inclusive of all people.
- Taking only your fair share, when offered something.