Tumbleweed Times Week 1
News from Ranch 25 - August 28, 2015
Rootin' Tootin' Great First Week!
Back to School Night
Next Week's Curriculum Focus
Comprehension Skill: character and setting
High Frequency Words: jump, not, up
Phonemic Awareness: short a
Vocabulary Words: cheerful, genuine, interest, prefer, unique
Writing Genre: personal narrative
Spelling Words and Dictation Sentences:
jump, not, up, man, ran, plan, fan, cat, hat, mat, flat, that
We can see the cat nap.
Pam can tap the pans.
Math: counting collections
- Parent Informational Meeting regarding the mold abatement - Tuesday, September 1, 8:45 AM in the Media Center
- Back to School Night - Wednesday, September 2, 5:30-6:45 PM (parents only)
- Monthly All-School Assembly - Friday, September 4, 8:45 AM in the amphitheater
- No School - Monday, September 7, Labor Day holiday
- Volunteer Coffee - Wednesday, September 9, 8:45 AM in the Media Center
- (Anyone wishing to volunteer in our class is encouraged to attend this meeting.)
- Ice Cream Social - Friday, September 11 from 5:00-7:00 PM
Tips for First Grade
- LABEL EVERYTHING! (jackets, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc.)
- Send a SMALL snack that is easy to open. There is only 5 minutes to eat it before recess begins.
- Please be consistent in your pick-up routine. If there are any changes to what you wrote on the "goldenrod" Dismissal Routine sheet, please email me or send me a note. Thanks!