A weekly update from the West Bloomfield School District
WBSD Weekly Update - August 28
It was wonderful to see so many bright eyes and smiling, mask covered faces this week in our schools. Our students are our purpose and our mission each and every single day to so to welcome them back both in-person and virtually warmed the hearts of every single member of Team WB.
We will continue to work each day to refine our Return to Learn procedures and protocols and keep the safety of our students, staff and families as our core principle moving forward.
Welcome back, Team WB! It is great to "see" you again. Let's have a great year!
Remember! Our next day of school is Monday, Aug. 31!
Also, be sure to post your back to school photos with #WB1stDay2020 on social media!
Important Calendar Reminders!
Chromebook Information - FINAL Pick-Up Day!
The district has distributed Chromebooks to K-12 students during the month of August. One final distribution date has been added for those that were unable to pick-up a device during this time. These dates are below. Anyone still needing a district Chromebook after this final opportunity must submit an Oakland Schools Service Desk ticket.
Additional Chromebook Distribution Date and Time:
MONDAY, AUGUST 31, 2020: 8-11 a.m. at West Bloomfield high School
Chromebook pick-up details along with more information regarding hotspots, insurance and forms are available on the Cloud Technology webpage.
Back-to-School Central - 2020-21
Food Service Update - 2020-21 School Year
Please contact Anne Stevens with Nutrition Services questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 865-6733.
GSRP in WBSD
Back to School Reading List - West Bloomfield Township Public Library
WB Community Education Update
LAST CALL!!! Fall 2020 ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
First Lego League Grades 4-5th $200
First Tech Challenge Grades 6-8th $275
WB Township Library Information
Online Learning Resources for K-12 Students for Homework, Study and Test Prep
- BrainFuse Online Tutors for K-12 students with live homework help from 4-10 PM (except holidays).
- Support for ACT, PSAT, SAT and AP exams, including study guides and online practice tests that offer instant scoring and personalized recommendations for improving scores.
- Information experts at the Library available to help students in person and by phone, email and text message.
Back to School Reading List
As summer ends and teens begin the new school year, it is important for them to keep their
reading and reading comprehension skills sharp. These themed lists focus on titles about
current events and student life.
Join us for virtual storytimes on Facebook Live. Sing, dance and learn with Ms. Emily on
Monday, August 31 at 10:30 AM and Ms. Julie on Wednesday, September 2 at 10:30 AM.
The West Bloomfield Township Main Library and Westacres Branch are open for Phase 2
Services available in Phase 2 include Grab &Go, Curbside, and Virtual. Please see the
Library’s website for the latest updates and temporary hours.
Grab & Go Service
- Come into the buildings and browse circulating collections.
- Select materials to enjoy at home and pick up materials you’ve placed on hold.
- Ask for reader’s advisory or reference assistance.
- Use self-check stations to check out materials.
- Leave the building after about 45 minutes inside.
- Building occupancy is limited to 25% capacity.
- Masks are required in the buildings.
- Parking Lot Pick-Up curbside service is available at both the Main Library and Westacres Branch.
- The Main Library Drive-Up window is also open.
- Enjoy the latest eBook and eAudiobook titles
- Watch movies and TV shows
- Listen to albums and singles
- Read more than 3,600 magazines
- Keep up with news from national and international newspapers
- Use the Learning Resource Center to match what you want to learn with resources for preschool to high school students, as well as adults
No other use of building spaces will be available during Phase 2.
- Study spaces and computers are not available at either building.
- Frequently touched surfaces such as toys and play equipment, vending machines and water fountains are not be available.
Pick up Summer Reading Materials and Reading Rewards
Summer Reading materials and Reading Reward incentives can be picked up inside Library
buildings, through Parking Lot Pick-Up or at the Main Library Drive-Up Window. The Summer
Reading Book Fair will continue until September 4. Select books from displays at the Main
Library or Westacres Branch or let us know what type of books you like, and a librarian can
select your reward books for you to pick up from Parking Lot Pick-Up or the Drive-Up Window.
Renew or request a library card
Ask at the Main Library Reception desk or the Westacres Branch Circulation desk. You can also
continue to renew or request a library card on the Library’s website.
Check out our district and building calendars in order to stay up to date on all events going on in our district!