Pima Elementary Newsletter
Reminders from the Office
Reminder - students are not allowed on campus before 7:20am
Tutoring - 3:10-3:40pm - Please contact your child’s teacher for more information.
Site Council - The school site council is a group of teachers, parents, classified employees, and community members who work with the principal to develop, review and evaluate school improvement programs and activities. If you would like to discuss a particular concern or idea, please send that agenda item to Mrs. Logan (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one week prior to the meeting.
If your student is struggling, please reach out to the teacher(s) right away for help and/or suggestions on how to support their learning.
Remember to check Power School!
A Note from the Counselor - Kindness
As we start out the school year and we are focused on getting back into routines and recalling last year's learning, it is important to take time to remind our kids to be kind. As we sit and help our kids with homework or ask about what they learned for the day, interject some quick questions about what they did that day that was kind or how someone else around them showed kindness. If asked day after day, students will begin to look around them to find/be these kindness examples. One rule of thumb I use for my own children is instead of walking in a room and worrying if people like you, go around that room making sure people know you like them.
Click here to read more about how we can promote kindness in schools and at home.
Events Coming in September
- September 5 - No School
- September 8 - Site Council Meeting
- Mid-September - Progress Reports will be sent home.
- September 27 - 6th Grade Field Trip
- September 29 - 5th Grade Feild Trip
- Tutoring is offered after school, 3:10-3:40 pm, please set this up with your student's teacher.
News and Notes for Each Grade
- PIRATE folders will start and need to be checked, signed, and returned.
- Please read for 15-20 minutes every night.
- We are hoping to collect some things to play with at recess. Soccer balls, volleyballs, footballs, basketballs, and jump ropes that can be shared by the 2nd grade. These can be gently used items from home that we keep in our classrooms to share at recess.
- Please read at home every night.
- Please read at home as often as possible, and practice your multiplication facts!
- 4th Grade Student of the Month for August: Ethan Cheatham, Makenzie Barney, Brynlee Larkey, and Amella Sandoval
- Remember to read for 20 minutes a day.
- Field Trip to Discovery Park Sept. 29
- Field Trip to Discovery Park Sept. 27