September 10, 2020
Mark Your Calendar
September 29 - Picture Day - AT-HOME & IN-PERSON LEARNERS
October 7 - Walk to School Day - More info forthcoming
October 12-13 - Fall Break & Staff Development - NO SCHOOL
October 26 - Parent Conferences - Student Holiday - NO SCHOOL
MEETING #2 TONIGHT: Allen ISD to Host Bond - Campus Updates & Capital Projects
Looking for more information on the 2020 bond election? Join us for a Zoom webinar TODAY, September 10th, from 6-8 p.m. There will be presentations from Allen ISD's Administrative team regarding projects pertaining to Capital Projects and Campus Updates. The community is invited, and there will be time for questions. You must register to attend. Register at https://forms.gle/sX7dkSghtRW8thGf6
2020-2021 Application - Free or Reduced Meal Plan
If your family would like to be considered for free or reduced meal plans, please complete an application. An application must be completed each school year for consideration.Forms in English and Spanish can be found here:
The Student Nutrition site for online applications can be found here: https://www.allenisd.org/Page/50163.
Additional translations can be found here: https://www.fns.usda.gov/cn/translated-applications
REMINDER: Student Absence - Notes & Skyward
As a reminder, please send an "excuse note” after your student has been absent. Also, please click here for Skyward tips regarding attendance: Attendance Tips.
The front office will gladly answer any questions regarding attendance - 972.727.0550. Thank you!
REMINDER: Sign-up for DAILY MEALS - 9:30-10:30am
Because of increased safety and social distancing standards, Student Nutrition will offer curbside meal service providing meal bundles daily for Allen ISD students (K-12) at four school locations. Curbside meals are offered DAILY - Monday-Friday. Meal pick-up times are 9:30 to 10:30am.
Meals must be purchased as a complete bundle and will contain that day's lunch and the following day's breakfast. Meals cannot be purchased separately.
To receive meals, parents/guardians need to complete an order form every week by the cut-off time for each Allen ISD student who would like meal service.
Please review all information below before ordering or picking-up meals.
All meal bundles are priced according to the student’s eligibility. Parents and/or students may pick up the meal bundles by scanning their student’s ID Card or providing their student’s ID number. ID Cards will be distributed at your child’s school. To help ensure a smooth purchasing process, please ensure that there is adequate funding to your child’s PayPams account or purchase meal bundles using cash or check by placing funds in an envelope with your child’s name and ID and depositing at the curbside meal station at one of the four locations. Students are encouraged to pick up meal bundles at the closest location to their regularly assigned school. However, any Allen ISD student may receive meals at any of the four locations (one bundle per student per day).
Pricing for the Student Nutrition Curbside Service is as follows:
Meal Bundle Prices are for All Students (K-12)
Daily Bundle (2 Meals, Daily Lunch & Next Day's Breakfast)
- Free - $0.00
- Reduced - $.70
- Full Pay - $3.85
How to order:
Determine the location where you want to pick up the meals.
- Choose from any of the designated meal pick-up locations. It does not have to be the school your child attends. Parents with students at multiple schools may choose to pick-up all meals at one location.
Complete the order form based on the desired pick-up location by the order due date. The order form is located on the student nutrition portion of the website under “Virtual Learner Meals”.
- A form must be completed for each student. A valid student name and ID number will need to be presented.
- A copy of your responses will be sent to the e-mail provided.
**Click this link: Order Meals Here
Meal pick-up process
Daily meal pick-up will be 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Student nutrition personnel will greet and assist at the pick-up area. Heating instructions will be provided daily with meals.
Parents/guardians will need to provide proof of AISD enrollment (Student ID#).
Please pick-up meals in the following areas:
- Boyd Elementary, 800 Jupiter Rd, Allen, TX 75002– In front of the school drop-off next to the cafeteria.
- Rountree Elementary, 800 E. Main St., Allen, TX 75002 – In front of the school drop-off next to the cafeteria.
- Ereckson Middle School, 450 Tatum Dr., Allen, TX 75013 – Enter the first driveway from Tatum and follow to the back of the school.
- Curtis Middle School, 1530 Rivercrest Blvd, Allen, TX 75002– From Malone take the second left at the athletic fields and follow the road to door #10.
The link to the Student Nutrition Department is https://www.allenisd.org/Domain/37.
Virtual PTA Meeting - September 22nd - 5:30pm
Thank you for all of your support of our Rountree PTA! Please complete your membership for this year. You can join online at https://www.joinpta.org/ The first general Membership Meeting will be held virtually on Tuesday, September 22nd, at 5:30pm.
We also have several ways that you can support through a committee or Board leadership role. Please see the attached interest form, and let's work together!
- We cannot accept any item drop offs (lunches, school materials, clothing) at this time. If students forget their lunches, they can purchase one in the cafeteria
- For all parents who received a Food Allergy Request Form in an email from Nurse Amy, please make sure that your child’s Physician completes the form below and that it is returned to: Allen ISD Service Center - ATTN: Jeff Caguioa - 1451 N. Watters Rd - Allen, TX 75013. Please contact Nurse Amy if you have any questions - 972.727.0550, x-8117.
- Please turn in Action Plans and/or medications that are due for the school year. Please email Nurse Amy with any questions or concerns email@example.com.
- Remember to pack a change of clothing for your student as the clinic supply is limited. Thank you. - Nurse Amy
Additional Resources & Support Options - *UPDATED*
**NEW**Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Temporary Halt in Residential Evictions to Prevent the Further Spread of COVID-19 **NEW**
September 2, 2020
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), announced yesterday that it is issuing an order to temporarily halt residential evictions, through December 31, 2020, to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. You may read the entire unpublished order here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-19654.pdf
For your convenience, we have also copied the declaration, which one must provide to one’s landlord, into a Word document: DECLARATION UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY FOR THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION’S TEMPORARY HALT IN EVICTIONS TO PREVENT FURTHER SPREAD OF COVID-19
This order is scheduled to be published in the Federal Register on 09/04/2020 and available online at federalregistergov/d/2020-19654, and on govinfo.gov.
Mental Health Support Resources During COVID-19
Looking for local resources during this difficult time? The links below may help provide additional resources for you and your family. If you need addtional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out your child's counselor. His/Her information can be found at the bottom of this page.
During these uncertain times, we understand that you may be struggling to balance your child's at-home or in-person learning along with your own work and home commitments. We are here to support you! Join us at one of the times below by clicking on the date/time links below. We are here to provide a space for you to discuss your challenges and identify healthy ways to cope & problem solve. It will be a great way to connect with other parents facing similar struggles. We hope you will join us! Facilitated by the Allen ISD Support Counselors.
Please note: Registration will open 2 weeks prior to each event. See links below. Go to https://www.allenisd.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=58184 for additional dates and age levels.
Elementary School Parent Chat
Platica Para Los Padres de Familia del Distrito de Allen
16 de septiembre
14 de octubre
11 de noviembre
16 de diciembre
When we’re trying to keep it together, the stress can build up! Let off some steam and get support for yourself by using one of these resources (all are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week):
877-422-5939 Lifepath Systems mobile crisis line
800-440-9789 STARRY Counseling Crisis Hotline
800-9850-5990 (or text “talkwithus” to 66746) SAMHSA’s disaster distress line
741-741 (text “home” to the crisis text line) Download the “My Strength” app here. (Click on “Sign Up” in the top right corner and use the code “LPScomm” when it asks for your access code)
We also encourage you to check out this resource guide from NAMI and this information on stress management from SAMHSA here.
Allen ISD Counselors are available for both in-person and at-home learning student and families.
Please refer to your campus counselor's webpage for contact information - Rountree Elementary.
Talking to Kids About the Corona Virus - Resources
Child Mind Institute here
Harvard Medical School here,
National Association of School Psychologists here
PBS Kids here
Para obtener información sobre el coronavirus, haga clic aquí. Llame al 877-541-7905 para obtener información sobre recursos comunitarios para hispanohablantes.
In-Person Learning & At-Home Learning FAQs for Parents and Parent Information Plan Links
In-person FAQ: https://www.allenisd.org/Page/58564#IPFAQ
At-Home FAQ: https://www.allenisd.org/Page/58565#AHFAQ
Technology Resources for Students & Parents
The instructional technology team has created several resources to support the utilization of digital learning platforms by students and parents. The resources can be found on the Back To School > Academic Information for Families page on the Allen ISD website:
Hello Rountree Family!
As we begin the 2020 – 2021 school year, Allen ISD has compiled additional resources for our families. These resources are available on the Allen ISD website and can be accessed through the following links:
The COVID-19 Prevention, Mitigation, and Response Procedures outline the current procedures our campuses will have in place to prevent or mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and how to respond if a positive case is identified.
The Academic Information for Families webpage provides instructional information and resources related to In-Person and At-Home learning models, digital learning tools, and academic supports.
- Weekly Learning Plans - an overview of the learning objectives, activities, and due dates
- Instructional Roles and Expectations – a list of learning and teaching expectations for students, parents, and teachers
- Digital Learning Tools – resources to help students learn how to access and use:
- Google Classroom and Seesaw (for elementary students)
- Canvas (for secondary students)
- Google Meet and Zoom (video conferencing platforms for virtual learning interactions)
- Student Attendance – process for recording attendance through daily engagement measures while participating in At-Home Learning
Mientras nos preparamos para comenzar el año escolar 2020-2021, Allen ISD ha recopilado recursos adicionales para nuestras familias. Estos recursos están disponibles en el sitio web de Allen ISD y se puede acceder a ellos a través de los siguientes enlaces:
- Procedimientos de prevención, mitigación y respuesta de COVID-19
- Información académica para familias
Los Procedimientos de Prevención, Mitigación y Respuesta de COVID-19 describen los procedimientos actuales que nuestras escuelas tendrán implementados para prevenir o mitigar la propagación de COVID-19 y cómo responder si se identifica un caso positivo.
La página web con Información académica para familias proporciona información y recursos educativos relacionados con modelos de aprendizaje en persona y en el hogar, y herramientas de aprendizaje digital y apoyos académicos.Este contenido específico será útil mientras usted y su estudiante se preparan para el comienzo de la escuela:
- Planes de aprendizaje semanales: una descripción general de los objetivos de aprendizaje, las actividades y las fechas de entrega
- Funciones y expectativas de instrucción: una lista de expectativas de aprendizaje y enseñanza para estudiantes, padres y maestros
- Herramientas de aprendizaje digital: recursos para ayudar a los estudiantes a aprender cómo acceder y utilizar:
· Google Classroom y Seesaw (para estudiantes de primaria)
· Canvas (para estudiantes de secundaria)
· Google Meet y Zoom (plataformas de videoconferencia para interacciones de aprendizaje virtual)
- Asistencia del estudiante: proceso para registrar la asistencia a través de medidas de participación diaria mientras participa en el aprendizaje en el hogar
McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
Please see the attached flyer (English and Spanish) as assistance opportunities are available for children whose families may be experiencing homelessness.
Education through Diversity Spotlight - Labor Day
On September 11, 2001, roughly 17,400 people were at the World Trade Center in New York when tragedy struck the United States. About 87% of these people were safely evacuated by local firefighters such as Tony James & William Woodlon. These men had to climb hundreds of flights of stairs and carry people back down before the Twin Towers collapsed. These men and others are true heroes. We remember and honor them on this Friday, September 11th!