40 Studies That Changed Psychology
Summary and Analysis
Summary & Analysis for 40 Studies that Changed Psychology
For the study you are asked to read & present, each student is to fill out one of these pages to turn in. The point of this page is to not only let me know that you have, in fact, done the reading, but also to act as a brief review for you to prepare from.
Each answer should be no more than 20 words long – you really want to try to keep your responses as brief and to the point as possible. Select only the most important information to include. Feel free to use bullet point formatting if it’s helpful. The work must be ORIGINAL and HANDWRITTEN.
Title of Study: _______________________________________________________
Name of Psychologist in Charge of the Study: _____________________________________________
- Background information (found in the introduction to the chapter and at the beginning of the study):
- Methodology (experiment, case study, survey, etc. What procedures were used?):
- Results (what did the researcher find?):
- Discussion (what do these results mean?):
- Critique (strengths and weaknesses of study):
- Relevance/Recent Applications:
- Ethical issues (discuss any issues that might have been involved or that were avoided):
- Relevant gender/cross-cultural differences/issues (were gender/cross-cultural issues or differences addressed? Should they be?):
- How does this study relate to the chapter we’re covering in class, or even previous chapters? Use appropriate terminology when relevant:
- Personal Discussion/Connection (write about your questions, anything interesting you learned, issues the reading make you think of, such as connections with your life, current events, etc.)(This answer can be longer than 20 words):
- Mnemonic device/cartoon or YouTube video example to help you remember the researcher/topic of study.
- Create a SMORE that includes your analysis and summary to present to the class.