Camelback Desert School
The re-enrollment process at Camelback Desert School began on January 4 and open enrollment has begun. We hope that you have already decided to remain part of our thriving school community.
Our programs are engaging, challenging, and provide opportunities where powerful connections are formed. Camelback Desert staff focus on the individual child and promotes a lifelong love of learning. Young children vary regarding their individual needs and we challenge and adapt our curriculum in math, reading and writing to meet those needs.
Connections are also important within and across grade levels in order to foster a sense of community for all learners and empower children to be successful academically, socially, and emotionally.
Their teachers set high expectations for each student. Our staff displays extensive knowledge of important concepts. Teachers seek knowledge of their students’ levels of development, skills, and interests. The classroom culture is cognitively alive and stresses the importance of learning.
Children change dramatically during their educational journey, but the philosophy that shapes our program is consistent. Partnering with parents to ensure student success is imperative. The staff and I look forward to our continued partnership in providing the best education for your children.
Linda Horner, Principal
Dates to Remember
February 11 Wax Museum
February 11 Staff Professional Development – Early Release
February 12 & 15
No School – President’s Day
A Note from the Speciality Teachers - February
- Art class, students will continue working on their individual “cityscapes” and begin working on “re-scapes” using recycled materials to create collaborative works of art.
- Music, the students will continue to explore different musical instruments and The Kodaly Method.
- PE class, students will learn about heart disease, the importance of exercise, and start practicing for Jump Rope for Heart.
- Spanish class, preschool will learn the parts of the body while elementary students will learn about the family, fruits, things around the house, and definite articles.
- Technology class, students will continue to build upon Power Point and research skills, integrating other application skills into their work, such as photo editing, copy/paste, and hyperlink use.