Author: Adeline Yen Mah
Chinese Cinderella took place in the 1940's, also in the country China
Character Analysis Of Adeline Yen Mah
Plot of Chinese Cinderella
Summary Of Chinese Cinderella
This book is the autobiography of a young Chinese girl, Adeline Yen Mah. Born the fifth child to an affluent Chinese family, her life begins tragically. Adeline’s mother died shortly after her birth due to complications bought on by the delivery, marking her as cursed, or ‘bad luck’, by her siblings. This situation is compounded by her father’s new marriage to a young French-Asian woman who has little affection for her husband’s five children. Niang proves to be difficult and distant towards all of the children, particularly Adeline, whilst favoring her own younger son and daughter born soon after the marriage. Denied love from her parents, she finds some solace in relationships with her grandfather Ye Ye, and her Aunt Baba sympathetic-yet-weakened adult figures. Adeline immerses herself in striving for academic achievement in the hope of winning favor from her father, who reacted positively to her medal for academic success.Despite her parent’s heartbreaking neglect, she eventually becomes a doctor and realizes her dream of being a writer.
Plot Line of Chinese Cinderella
- Exposition: The setting would be in the 1940's in China.....
- Rising Action: Adeline's life was a mess and miserable. The abuse of her sibling to her physically and mentally.
- Climax: he Climax of the story is when she was send to hong kong boarding school. A school that was lead by the catholic school and needed to speak in english or french. In the story she was not able to recieve gift from anyone and not visted at all but it didn't bother much Adeline.
- Falling Action: Eventually she was the only girl left in the school. Other student left for the holiday and decided to join play-writing competition. Her father took her home because her father found out that she won First prize in a play-writing competition. Allowing her to Study at England in a medical school
- Resolution: Adeline had a happy ending. Adeline was able to get the attention of her father allowing her to study in london
By: Valerie Barlow
Mrs. Morris Pre AP L.A.