• Born January 11th, 1842. • Died August 26th, 1910.
• Received Master's Degree from Harvard at age 27.
• Began teaching Psychology at Harvard at only age 33.
• Before William settled on Psychology, he attempted the following:
Contributions to Psychology
• While teaching at Harvard, some of the most influential people in psychology were his students, such as:
• Mary Whiton Calkins
• Edward Thorndike
• G. Stanley Hall
• John Dewey
• Wrote the first Psychology book.
• With functionalism, helps people adapt to their environment
• Psychology Textbook