Anna Borba's Parent Newsletter

May 2023

You can translate this newsletter to any language by clicking translate.

Puedes traducir este boletin a cualquier idioma haciendo clic en traducir.

접근성 서클을 클릭하여이 뉴스 레터를 모든 언어로 번역 할 수 있습니다.

Dear Anna Borba Families,

Anna Borba Families,

It has been a wonderful school year and we have much to be thankful for. The staff at Anna Borba is grateful to our families for partnering with us in educating your children. It really is a team effort.

As you begin preparing for Summer make sure to help your children keep their learning alive by encouraging them to read each day. After your kids read a book ask them to tell you about it. Ask them what they liked or disliked about the book. Every student will be allowed to keep a copy of "The Adventures of Humphrey" Rereading this book to your child or with your child can be great family fun.

Anna Borba is a great place to learn.

If you know of a student in grades K-6 that would like to attend Anna Borba, let them know we are accepting transfer applications at this time.

We are also accepting applications for our Dual Language Immersion program for students entering Kindergarten in the 2023-2024 school year.

We are proud to announce that we will be offering CVUSD's Spanish Dual Language Immersion (DLI) program. Students completing this program will achieve bilingualism, bi-literacy, and become culturally diverse in Spanish and English.

Kindergarten students enrolled in the Spanish DLI Program will receive 90% of their instruction in Spanish with the remaining 10% in English. By sixth grade, instruction will follow a 50% English 50% Spanish model. Research focusing on the benefits of bilingualism confirm:

  • English speaking students in immersion programs achieve as well or better than English speaking students in English-only programs on both standardized math and language arts tests.
  • English Learners (EL) who receive instruction in their home language achieve much higher levels on both standardized math and language arts tests than ELs in English-only programs.

For additional information regarding the Spanish DLI program, please visit the Access & Equity webpage at Families with questions are invited to contact Dr. Stacy Ayers-Escarcega, Director of Access & Equity at 909-628-1202 ext. 1330.


Please remember that learning starts at 7:50am

Breakfast begins at 7:20 and students begin to line up at 7:40.

Please make ever effort to get your child to school on time.

Your child’s safety is our top priority. When you see me and my staff in the drop-off /pick-up areas, please smile, wave, and follow our school procedures. They are created to keep every child safe.

As a Title I School, we have a parent Involvement policy. Click Here here to review this policy. It is also located under the parents tab of our website.

We are happy to assist you, please call our office with any questions 909-627-9638.


Mrs. Lao

Uniforms are Encouraged, but Optional

Our School Site Council decided to make school uniforms option at Anna Borba. We do continue to strongly encourage our students to wear uniforms as they help set the tone for an academic environment. Please also refer to our district dress code which can be found on the CVUSD website inside the parent handbook.

School Hours

Breakfast will be served from 7:15am- 7:45am

1st - 6th Grade

School will open at 7:40am

Line-up bell rings at 7:45am

School Starts at 7:50am

School Dismissal 2:30pm

Minimum Day Every Wednesday

School will open at 7:40am

Line-up bell rings at 7:45am

School Starts at 7:50am

School Dismissal 11:20pm

Kindergarten Hours Every Day

School will open at 7:40am

Line-up bell rings at 7:45am

School Starts at 7:50am

School Dismissal 11:10pm

PBIS Spotlight

People do their best when they know exactly what is expected of them. At Anna Borba we want every student to succeed and because of that we have high expectations for them.


Introducing Borba Bonus Bucks!

Our students will earn bonus bucks for going above and beyond our school expectations. They will be able to trade them in for prizes at our school AVID store. Ask your children if they've earned any Bonus Bucks and ask them to share the great things they are doing to earn these rewards.

Students are encouraged to save their Bonus Bucks to spend at our Bonus Bucks Carnival on February 14th

Important Dates:


2 School Site Council Meeting @2:45

2 District LCAP meeting

24 6th grade Promotion at 8:30am

25 Last Day of School Report cards go home