Special Education News Update
May 9, 2016
Have a Healthy Week!!
"Suzy participated in her IEP by....(stating her strengths, talking about her transition goals, communicating a need for supports)"
- K-2: Include in OTHER COMMENTS section: If State Assessments are required at this grade level in the 2016-2017 school year, accommodations will be provided as listed on Supplemental Supports page of this IEP.
Running IEP Meetings:
- Please be sure to cover all sections of the IEP, including the disability area the child qualifies in and the amount of time they are educated with non-disabled peers
IEPs completed to get ready for new school year
If student transitioning to new building, and IEP due by Oct 30, have IEP in Spring (now)
If student is not transitioning to new building and has RR(+), and IEP due by Oct 15, have IEP in Spring
- A REED is needed for adding or removing services on program and services page
A REED is not needed for adding or removing services on supplemental aids page - If you are adding services, document the need in the PLAAFP. If you are removing services, document current levels in plaafp to indicate discontinuation of support.
Great Work!!! Keep it up!!!
- Thank you!! You all are doing a fantastic job of not puting Full Time Special Education/Full Time General Education on the notice page as options considered (unless you truly did consider those as options).
- Great job documenting the options you truly did consider!!!