Conn-West Elementary Newsletter - October 19th
Grandview Homecoming Spirit Week
Just like all the passes the Bulldogs will catch, Conn-West Elementary has caught the homecoming fever. Students are invited to share in the festivities and cheer on our high school team to victory. The following is the list of each day’s way to show Grandview Bulldog spirit!
Monday, October 19th
Bulldogs Forever - wear “Super Star” accessories (buttons, scarves, sunglasses, etc - get creative) with your school uniform.
Tuesday, October 20th
Flip Our Lid for GV Bulldogs - Wear a hat with your school uniform.
Wednesday, October 21st
Bulldogs Make the Grade - Wear college shirts with uniform bottoms.
Thursday, October 22nd
Bulldogs Have Fancy Footwork - Wear your favorite footwear with school uniform.
Friday, October 23rd
Bulldog Spirit Day - Wear GHS or CW spirit shirts or blue and/or gold shirts with uniform bottoms.
Reminder: If a student brings their breakfast or lunch, all items need to be in disposable containers.
Breakfast in the Classroom
Communication between parents and teachers is vital for our student’s success. Parents are encouraged to contact teachers with questions, concerns, or to share information
about your child. Please understand that teachers may not be available to speak with parents during instructional time, but will make every effort to return calls during their planning time
or after school. Teachers can be reached by phone or email. Please do not hesitate to call or email the teacher or the school office if you have questions regarding your child’s
School Day Hours
The school day begins at 9:05 am and ends at 3:55 pm. Students
may enter the building at 8:40 am. Please do not drop your child off
before 8:40 am unless they are enrolled in LINC. Breakfast will be served in the classroom from 8:40 am until 9:00 am.
Transportation and After School Changes
If your child’s mode of transportation or after school routine is going
to change for the day, please notify the main office
@ (816) 316- 5225 prior to 3:00 pm to ensure that your child arrives
at the appropriate destination.
Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
We need your help to ensure the safety of our students, parents, and staff during drop-off and pick-up. It remains our highest priority for students to enter and exit cars in a safe and
organized way. We ask everyone to please follow our new pick-up and drop-off procedures.
Dropping Off at School in the Morning
- When you pull into the drive off of High Grove Road, the left lane is for cars and the right lane is for buses.
- Pull your car as far forward into the car lane as traffic allows.
- Form a single lane on the right side of the car lane.
- Do not get out of your vehicle.
- Students are to unload from PASSENGER SIDE of vehicle only. The driver should remain in the vehicle at all times and all driver side doors are to remain closed.
- Once students exit the vehicle, they need to travel on the sidewalk and cross the bus lane at the marked crosswalk.
- Once your student has exited your vehicle, you may exit the parking lot via the bypass lane to the driver’s left. This lane is for driving only — no loading, unloading, or stopping at any time.
- If you would like to walk your child to the building, you may park in either lot on the west or east of the building. Please use the crosswalk, stay on the sidewalk, and do not walk through the drop-off or pick-up lanes.
- At this time, parents will need to say good-bye to their child at the front door of the school as parents and visitors will not able to enter the building.
Picking Up from School in the Afternoon
All of the busses will load and exit before any of our car rider students are dismissed
- All students will be exiting from the main entrance of the building.
- Pull your car as far forward as you are able in the car lane.
- Someone will approach your vehicle and ask for the name of the child you are picking up.
- Your child will come out the front door and will be escorted to your vehicle and will enter on the passenger side.
- Please exit the parking lot via the bypass lane to driver’s left. This lane is for driving only —no loading, unloading or stopping at any time.
- As cars exit the car lane, please pull your car forward in order to allow additional cars to enter the drive.
- Please stay in your vehicle.
Thank you for your support and assistance with the drop-off and pickup procedures. We want to make sure that students and parents remain safe and drop-off and pick-up runs smoothly.
Please drive slowly when driving through the drop-off/pick-up lane and parking lots of Conn-West. Also, in order to keep everyone safe during arrival/dismissal, please do not
walk through the drop-off/pick-up lane.
New Student ID
At device distribution, your student received an ID card. This card will serve as their library check out card, lunch/breakfast account card, bus ID card, school ID, etc. This one card will serve multiple purposes. Please be sure to keep it in a safe place. Once we return to school, students will need to bring their id card to school every day.
Grandview C-4 Meal Distribution
Student Assistance Program
This is available to our families via referral by school counselors or by you calling the New Directions Help Line at 1-855-340-6487. All students and/or guardians can access the Help Line at any time, as it is open 24 hours each day, every day of the year. Students 18 and older can schedule counseling appointments on their own.
For more information, you may visit ndbh.com. Select ‘For Individual Families.’ Then select ‘Student Assistance Program.’ The school code for our district is: GrandviewSAP.
Additional information on New Directions’ Student Assistance Program is attached. If you have any further questions we encourage you to reach out to your school's counseling office.
We are truly excited to offer this resource to our families.