1st Grade Computers Newsletter
Mrs. Nasto, Computer Teacher, MrsNasto.com, @ChitchatNasto
Digital Tips for Parents
- Build Skills and Confidence at Home practice using MrsNasto.com
- Promote Computer Science & Coding Kodable School App
- Add a Wireless Mouse to Laptop build mouse skills
- Supervise and Monitor Digital Device use remind students not to share private information.
- Ear Muffs are recommended at this level, monitor volume.
- Take care of Eyes: Encourage students to look away every 20 minutes and break after 1hr.
- Best Practices create a Family Media Use Plan & set limits. Create tech-free zones and encourage offline play.
- CER After School Computers Building Skills
Computer Class Goals
BCS first grade students meet with me in the computer lab once a week all year.
My goal is to create a positive, supportive, and encouraging
computer lab environment that nurtures the student and the
student’s learning experience while building and developing digital skills for life.
The Computer Lab experience provides Computer Science & Digital
Citizen curriculum along with reading, writing, science and math
skills using Internet resources, school apps and computer programs.
First Grade Computer Skills:
- Internet Navigation Skills - Google Chrome
- Mouse Skills & Keyboarding Skills
- Word Processing Skills
- Computer Science: Coding with Kodable
- Digital Citizen Curriculum
- Computer Technology Vocabulary
- PC Desktop Navigation Skills
- Internet Resources & Software
- School Apps: MrsNasto.com, Kodable, FastMath, ReadingEggs, Brainpop Jr.