The Smalls Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Teacher's Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Remind Me App.
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates and Birthdays
Mack on the 21st
Goodbye: Vinny get to stay at home with mom and new brother!
Archie October 16th!
Ms. Stacey October 29th!
Archie and Raphael will be trying transition days with the Jr Scouts.
Parent Teacher Conferences: October 1-4
Ms. Stacey on Vacation Week of October 7th
October 18th: Tuttle Orchard (infant parents welcome to meet us there)
October 31st: Halloween dress-up
November 19th and 21st: Picture Day
November 27th- 29th: Closed for Thanksgiving
When we go outside, it is required to have feet covered with shoes if you are able to move and crawl. So, please have shoes available for this purpose. Oh one last thing, don’t forget a sun hat.
IN THE CLASSROOM
IN THE CLASSROOM
- Cold weather is here! Please switch out extra clothes under cribs.
- We will still try to step outside even if it is just for a second.
Sensory, Art, Science
Getting into serious play!
Just a reminder to new parents, we like to touch and explore all kinds of things that will enter the mouth. if ever you are concerned with a food allergy, or an ingredient, please mention it. We always make it nontoxic of course.
We will continue to let our babies play with their food!
Counting and counting. We count everything. Usually its up to three, because drawing out one two three is so dramatic. We are grouping and sorting. We use language like , "lets find all the red blocks." "Can we count all of them?" "Lets put them all together." We are learning similarities and differences.
As the big kids anticipate meal times, we use this opportunity to talk about preparing our food. We mix, pour and pretend to taste and feed others. We are playing a lot in front of the mirror. We are playing peek a boo and loving on the babies. We never miss an opportunity to dance and play instruments. Which is always shaking and banging.
Remember we continue to learn from repetition. Lesson plans may seem repetitive, but this is how babies learn best. It takes a couple of tries before we remember. No, no, no. The babies ability to understand this is an important reminder, and the consequences are unfavorable comes with consistent use. We will us yucky, no mouth to help the older kids learn there is other ways to explore their world.
With so many cruisers in the house, we are developing the urge to push and shove. We are learning a little empathy, and it's not nice to hurt our friends.
Gross Motor: Pushing physically abilities is challenging and rewarding. We will use our muscles and energy to stay active. In a Preschool environment, children seem to learn to pull up, sit up at an advanced rate. Walking however is always at an individual pass, and just because your child did all those other things early, walking may not come as fast.
We use the tone of our voice to emphasize the letter sounds. There are links attached below where you can check out more about Zoophonics.
check out this website
School is back in session which means Scholastic is back! Thank you for all your continued support! Our Code is HQ686
Apple Pie ABC Board Book Board book
A bite-sized, chunky board book edition of Apple Pie ABC. A mouth-watering introduction to the alphabet. This traditional verse is retold with wit, filled with charm and illustrated with tremendous style by an exciting artist. Follow the funny exploits of the utterly lovable dog in this charming story as he does his best to get his paws on the pie! " Rarely can the alphabet have been presented in a more child-friendly way." THE INDEPENDENT "Parchment-coloured pages and linocut images in muted shades give this neatly designed book traditional warmth." THE SUNDAY TIMES "Utterly lovable." SCOTLAND ON SUNDAY
The Parent's Spotlight
Thank you for:
- Thank you for all the random things you all have been donating to the center; milk jugs, toilet paper rolls, art supplies, balls, toys, and so on. You guys are AWESOME!!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
An awesome summer!
Thank you for your constant support with bringing in donations we have asked for.
Would you like to donate?
- Egg cartons
- Squishy/stress Balls
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
What is your favorite quote?
- Ms. Stacy: I would relive any given day that I enjoyed. I don't think I would try to change fate or destiny.
- Ms. Rosemary: The day my nephew was born
- Ms. Katie: Dylans 1st Birthday
- Ms. Kasche: I would relive the drake vs lil Wayne concert. That was the best day ever.
- Ms. Kelsey: The last day with my grandpa
- Ms. Le Andra: The last day with my grandma
- Ms. Alisha: Any day that involved roller coasters or hiking. Even I day of hiking in our neighborhood woods with TTS or the fam
- Mr. Mike: 06/24/2000 aka my wedding day!