Trinity Lutheran Preschool
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me..."
Early Childhood Monthly Newsletter--December 2015
Advent ...Guess who is coming for Christmas?
The children are learning about Advent and Christmas this month. We are singing a song each day as we light the advent candles on our altar. The first candle represents HOPE and we are singing this song this week : "Light one candle for HOPE, one bright candle for HOPE, Jesus brings HOPE to everyone, He comes, He comes." Next week we will sing about PEACE, then JOY, then LOVE.
Please see me if you have any questions about Advent or our Christmas schedule this year. Blessings!
December's Seedlings Focus statement...
- "I can show" -Our actions are important. We show people that we care by what we do for them.
- "I care"- Caring for others is showing kindness and love.
- "for others."- We have many opportunities to care for people around us. We can show that we care for our families, friends, and even people we do not know.
Learning Concepts in Preschool and PreK...
- Building Blocks/Preschool: The letters J, K, L, the number 5, the star shape, the color green and red, and the nursery rhyme-Twinkle, Twinkle.
- Pre-Kindergarten: The reviewing of the letters J. M. The number review of 1-10. The literacy/book entitled "The Sweet Smell of Christmas." Our sight words for December are: "Jesus" and "is".
A Few Upcoming Events...
- Singing Sunday- Preschool through 1st grade singing at the 9:00 a.m. Church Service on Sunday, Dec. 6
- Building Blocks Preschool Classes...Joy for Jesus Program in their classrooms on Tues. Dec. 15 at 8 a.m.
- PreK Christmas Chapel at 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 16- ALL PreK students will be performing "The Shepherd's Christmas" for families at our chapel.
- Early Release- Friday, December 18 at 1 pm
- Christmas Break- Dec. 19-Jan. 3--No school
Worship Opportunities at Trinity Lutheran Church
- Saturdays at 5 p.m.
- Sundays at 9:00 and 10:30 a.m.
Please let me know if you have any questions about our church, joining our church, about our Baptism classes, or how you can volunteer in our church.