BEAT BULLYING BEFORE IT STARTS
Effects Of Bulling
Kids Who Are Bullied
Kids who are bullied can experience negative physical health, not coming to school and mental health issues.
* Depression and anxiety, increased feelings of sadness and loneliness, changes in sleep and eating patterns and most of all, loss of interest in activities they used to enjoy. These issues may persist into adulthood.
* Health complaints.
* Decreased academic achievement, loss in test scores and school participation.
These people are most likely to miss, skip or drop out of school.
Complaints like bullying should be taken as a joke because this is a seriously concerning to friends, families, communities and etc. These little issues/ problems can become giant/big problems.
KIds Who Bully Others
Kids who bully others can also engage in violent and other risky behaviour into adulthood.
Kids who bully are more likely to:
* Use alcohol and other drugs as adults.
* Get into fights, vandalize property and drop out of school.
* Have criminal convictions and traffic citations as adults.
* Be abusive towards their romantic partners, spouses or children as adults.
These bullies are not only hurting people, but also hurting the world's population to decrease.
These bullies should be taken seriously and reported to a teacher, principal, adult or an older person capable of dealing with the person/people.
Bystanders are people who witness bullying or some kind of abuse towards someone else.
Kids who witness bullying are more likely:
* Have increased use of tobacco, alcohol or use other drugs.
* Have increased mental health problems, including depression and anxiety.
* Miss or skip school.
These types of bystanders support the bully or the offender's thoughts or ideas.
SOME WAYS TO BEAT BULLYING IN SCHOOL
1. Stand up for people who are bullied. (Bullies often want an audience and attention).
2. Take an anti-bullying pledge.
3. Take action.
4. Talk to other kids.
5. Talk to your teachers or principal.
6. Talk to your parents or guardians.
7. SPEAK UP!
8. BEAT BULLYING BEFORE IT STARTS!