Monday Morning Memo
Week of September 19th
Mandatory Training for ALL STAFF
Blood Borne Pathogens is on Edivate and must be completed by all staff by September 30th.
OCR Language Assistance Services Training is required to be completed by all staff by October 1, 2016.
Click Here to access the registration information.
Curriculum Check - In
- Everyone should have all their resources and be into the curriculum, if you have any questions or concerns about materials or content, please let me know.
- Small group reading instruction and centers should be going in all classrooms each day.
- The next set of Eureka resources is here and the PTA is kindly sorting them for us!
- Small group math intervention should be in place.
This week will be make up testing.
Andrea will be sending out information to teachers on students who are missing either a MAP Reading or MAP Math assessment. Teachers will be responsible for testing these students on a laptop or iPad.
Andrea will be sending out more information next week.
Lesson plans are due each Monday by 7:30am in our Google Classroom. You should have an assignment due for the date and time which will allow you to quickly and easily upload your lesson plans.
If you haven't already joined our classroom:
Access our google classroom by going to classroom.google.com and entering the code 6n5jrur
In our classroom you will find the lesson plan expectations, please read them before you finalize your lesson plans!
Observation Focus of the Week
Small Group Instruction
This week as I visit classrooms I will be specifically looking to see that small group literacy and math instruction, including centers, are in place in all classrooms.
If you need support with the small group instruction, guided reading, or centers please either reach out to your team leads or to our instructional coaches.
Please bring any data, notes, or student work samples on students that you would like the team to place on Child Study.
Student Council 2016 - 2017
Tue Sept 13th - Fri Sept 23rd - STUCO Campaigning
Thursday, September 22nd - Campaign Speeches (3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade attend)
Tuesday, September 27th - STUCO Elections during Social Studies
Discipline Hierarchy - Update
1. Positive verbal redirect
2. Verbal warning and reminder of consequence
3. Change of venue (in the room) and complete a behavior reflection
4. Loss of privilege and phone call home
5. Sent to administrator
**Send student with a copy of previously completed behavior reflection**
For examples of behavior reflection sheets click here. If you are using something different please make sure to upload it to the folder to share with peers! Please note several reflections as for parent signature - but we will not be sending those to parents unless a student moves to consequence #4 where we do parent contact.
I have also created a sample tracking sheet so that you can easily track the number of consequences a students earns during the day, please click here to access that document.
Blue Shirt Day - October 3rd, 2016
October 3rd, 2016
The link contains more information about the Blue Shirt Day Campaign and instructions on how to purchase the tshirt (optional).
All kids can wear a blue uniform shirt so if they need one, we can get it to them (instead of any kind of blue shirt) and teachers can wear jeans and any blue shirt.
Need a form? Looking for resources? Check Google Drive! Forms and helpful information will be added to the Wright 16-17 Folder daily.
Week at a Glance
Monday September 19, 2016
- Lesson Plans Due at 7:30am
- Mr. T and Mrs. Walker (new MD teacher) will be setting up their rooms.
- Critical Friends Group Faculty Meeting in Room 314 @ 3:05pm
Tuesday September 20, 2016
- Debbie Diller PD for Pre-K, Kinder and 1st grade teachers in Room 314
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade PLCs will have CST in Warren's office
- Lockdown Drill @1:30pm
- All Progress Report Grades Entered
Wednesday September 21, 2016
- Debbie Diller PD for 2nd and 3rd grade teachers in Room 314
- University Wednesday - All staff may wear a college shirt and jeans!
- ILT will meet at 3pm in Heather's office
- Progress Reports printed by the office
Thursday September 22, 2016
- Be On Time for Duty
- Network Principals Meeting in 314
- Kinder, 1st, and 2nd Grade PLCs will have CST in Warren's office.
- Progress reports sent home.
Friday September 23, 2016
- Happy Friday!
On your radar:
- Zearn Webinair during Faculty Meeting on September 26th
- Deaf Awareness Week - 9/26 - 9/30
- Student Success Rally Friday, September 30th
- Parent Teacher Conferences 10/6 & 10/11 after school until 7pm.
- Springhill Suites Art Show 10/13