Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary
Cullins Chronicle week of August 28th
Welcome Back to School!!
Each week you will receive a newsletter in this format via email informing you of important dates and other events happening at school. We usually send this out on Friday along with attachments of any flyers from the PTA or the community. This week you will probably get two newsletters as we get more information to share toward the end of this week.
We are very excited to have everyone back and ready for the 2017-2018 school year! I hope your child had an amazing first day of school, I know I did!!! Please contact us if you need anything at all!
Doris Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary
Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival - Please drop your child only in the designated areas
- Any student arriving before 7:15 should enter through the front door and wait in the foyer for the first bell to ring.
- Students arriving by car need to be dropped off in the South Parking Lot off Westfield Drive. We have adults and students that will assist in unloading your child and get them in the building. You can drop your child here between 7:20 and 8:00. Traffic flows in only one lane in the mornings. Students in grades 4-6 can be dropped off in the bus circle between 7:40 and 8:00 to enter through the gym doors and walk to their classrooms.
- Students walking or riding a bike can enter through the door at the South Parking Lot or the front doors.
- Students arriving by bus will unload in the bus circle and enter through the gym doors.
- Students arriving on a day care bus or van will arrive and unload by the front door.
Dismissal - Please pick up your child only in the designated areas
- Students being picked up by car will be loaded in your vehicle in the south parking lot. Please remain in your car and have your Yellow Car Sign displayed in the front window. Two lanes of traffic are used in the afternoon dismissal time and all students are escorted to cars by an adult.
- Students walking or being picked up by parents walking will be dismissed by the marquee sign. Please stand behind the cone of your child's grade level. Pre-K and Kinder are dismissed from the door closest to the cones.
- The front circle is reserved for day care vans and buses. Please keep this area clear of pick-up traffic.
- All buses dismiss from the gym and the bus loop.
If you have any questions about arrival or dismissal procedures, please don't hesitate to ask any staff member or call the office at 972-412-3070.
Upcoming Activities and Dates
- September 4th- No School, Labor Day Holiday
- September 5th- Parent Orientation Night
- September 28th- 3rd Grade Program
- September 29th- Fall Picture Day