All about Meteors
Facts About Meteors:
- Meteors are made out of dust or sand grains sized pieces of rock.
- They are easier to see at night during the lower light conditions at night.
- The Earth's atmosphere has millions of meteors everyday.
- Meteors can travel as slow as 25,000 miles per hour to 160,000 miles per hour.
- They have high risk of damage to things especially to Earth.
- When meteors are in the same time frame and same path it is called a meteor shower.
- The temperatures that it can reach are 1,000 to 2,000 degrees fahrenheit.
- Around 500 meteorites reach the Earths surface everyday.
- Meteorites that fall through the Earths atmosphere are called "falls"and others are called "finds".
The difference between Meteoroids, Meteors, and Meteorites
So basically Meteors,Meteorites,and Meteoroid are the same rocks but don't have the same meanings and can cause alot of damage to things so it is important to keep a distance while enjoying the view.