Newsletter Week 6 Term 1 2022
St Joseph's Catholic School Morrinsville MARCH 15th
It is so lovely to be back on site after having a covid household. We welcome our children and families back to school who have been isolating as well. A special thank you for your amazing donations for the care packages that have been sent out. Many families have passed on their gratitude for this lovely support and kindness shown from others. Thank you!
We are down to three confirmed covid cases (while at school) and seven isolation household cases. We wish our eleven families who are currently isolating as household contacts a safe and speed recovery. Seven of our confirmed cases have now recovered and returned to school. Although covid has slowed down a little in our school community, we know we are not out of the woods yet. Please keep monitoring for symptoms and test straight away. Continue to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have positive cases in your household.
On Thursday 17 March we celebrate St Patrick's Day. St Patrick is credited with bringing Christianity to parts of Ireland and was probably partly responsible for the Christianization of the Picts and Anglo-Saxons. He is one of the patron saints of Ireland. At school we are dressing up in green for the day.
Have a fantastic week. May your troubles be less and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
Covid Update PHASE 3
We are now seven days of self isolation for positive cases and household contacts. Rapid testing is available at the Recreation Grounds, entrance off Avenue Road South , new time of 1 - 3 pm.
Please make sure that you report your RAT results. A reminder that for under 12's, you need to ring 0800 222 478 and choose option 3.
Church Chats with Father Mark
Thank you for shining your light and displaying our core values
Can you support?
- orange juice (shelf)
- packet of biscuits
- tins of spaghetti/baked beans
Next time you are at the supermarket, and are able to pop one of these items in your trolley, it would be so appreciated! Our amazing PFC are organising some other food items for us.
Please give your items to your children to pass on to their class teacher or pop in the container outside the student foyer.
- Thursday, March 17th - St Patrick's Day - Feast Day.....Mufti Day - Make It Green
- Sunday, March 20th - St Joseph's Feast Day
- Monday, March 21st order by 9am - Subway Lunch
- Thursday, March 24th - St Joseph's Day celebrations
- Friday, March 25th - Feast of the Annunciation of the Lord
- Monday, March 28th order by 9am - Subway Lunch
- March 30th to April 1st - Year 5/6 Camp
- Monday, April 4th order by 9am - Subway Lunch
- Monday, April 11th - Holy Week starts
- Monday, April 11th order by 9am - Subway Lunch
- Wednesday, April 13th - End of Term
- Thursday, April 14th - Teacher Only Day
- Friday, April 15th - Good Friday
- Monday, May 2nd - Term 2 Commences