Alcova Elementary School
August 5, 2022
Dear Alcova Parents/Guardians,
We have had an amazing start to our school year! It has been a joy seeing all of our students return to the classrooms. They have been busy learning, creating, and being successful! Please remember to have your child read nightly for at least 20 minutes.
Thank you for all you did to prepare your students, they showed up excited and ready to learn!
With all of our students back this week we were able to review our traffic pattern and due to the number of car riders this year, we must adopt a new pattern. If you have a returning student who is a car rider this is different from previous year. Below are a few tips to help us keep traffic flowing well.
· From 7:45 AM - 8:15 AM, students should not be dropped off for any reason in the front. Buses are entering and exiting to drop off students and this area must remain available for them only. Our front entrance will open at 8:15AM when our car rider lane closes.
· If you arrive earlier than 7:45 AM, please have your student remain inside the car and be patient until the bell rings at 7:45AM for students to be released through the car rider lane.
· Please pull all the way down to the car rider sign/cone for drop off
· Make sure your student is sitting on the right side of the car with their backpacks ready to quickly exit the car
· When leaving the school, cars are only permitted to turn right
Below is our traffic pattern- please review the BLUE arrows on the map for Alcova ES Parent Drop off and Pick Off Plan.
Proud to Be Your Principal!
Buses will arrive later than normal in the afternoon the first 5 to 7 days of school. Please be sure to be at the bus stop to receive your child.
Parents and Guardians, Please do not park in the bus lane during school hours.
STUDENT CHECK OUTS ALLOWED BEFORE 2:15pm.
Emergency - "Day of" Transportation Change Requests
If you have a emergency transportation change request you must email email@example.com for the change to be processed. Please use this email only for "day of" emergency changes, where you were not able to send a note in with your student. Change request must be received no later than 1:30 pm to guarantee the change request will be processed.
Important Required Back To School Orientation Agreements for all students.
Right At School Afterschool Program is coming!
Right At School Afterschool Program is coming to Alcova Elementary! Please see the information below or click the link below if you are interested!