St Anthony's School News
Term 3: 4th August 2022
Acknowledgement of Country
St Anthony’s School acknowledges Australia's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the traditional custodians of lands, waterways and skies across Australia.
We thank you for sharing and caring for the land we learn and play on.
We pay our respects to Elders, and we share our friendship and kindness.
Message from the Principal
Next Monday is the feast of Mary MacKillop – the first Australian saint. Mary was born in Melbourne (Australia) in 1842 and died in Sydney on August 8, 1909. She took the religious name Mary of the Cross. Responding to the isolation of colonial families, she pioneered a new form of religious life to provide education for their children. She and her sisters shared the life of the poor and the itinerant, offering special care to destitute women and children. She is remembered for her eagerness to discover God's will in all things, for her charity in the face of defamation, and for her abiding trust in God's providence.
The Australian Government school census will be held this Friday, August 5. If your child is not attending school tomorrow please send a note as soon as possible explaining their absence.
BRAIN GAME CHALLENGE!
Combine the syllables in the grid into twenty whole words of two pieces.
The theme is TRANSPORTATION. eg. CAR + RIAGE = CARRIAGE
Neatly write your list of 20 words on a piece of paper and hand it into the office by next Monday morning. Don’t forget to write your name and class on the paper.
Important Dates - Semester 2
- Friday, September 23 - last day of Term 3 for students and staff
- Tuesday, October 11 - first day of Term 4 for students
- Friday, December 9 - end of Term 4 for students
- Friday, December 16 - end of Term 4 for staff
- Monday, August 1/2 - school photos
- Tuesday, August 10 - Holy Communion Parent/Child Workshop
- Friday, August 12 - Year 4 assembly and PADUA Awards
- Friday, August 26 - NIPSSA spring carnival (Years 5 and 6)
- August 15-19 - Science Week and Book Week
- Friday, August 19 - Book Week dress-up and parade
- Sat/Sun August 27/28 - Sacrament of First Holy Communion
- Friday, Sept 2 - Father’s Day breakfast and mass
- Friday, Sept 9 - School faction athletics carnival
- Weeks 9/10, Sept 12-23 - swimming lessons
- Week 10, Sept 19-22 - Year 6 Camp
As always, please refer to the live calendar on the school website for additional activities and any potential date changes.
St Anthony's Way Awards
Awarded at Monday's assembly:
Kaija Rigali, Isabella Porcaro
Evan Alderson, Ivy Pawlowski, Claudia Andrews, Kobe Peters, Lilly Arbuckle, Marcus Tang
James Talbot, Tiernan McAuliffe
Kaycee Forde, Scarlett Bowran, Kley Villanueva, Liliana McCarthy, Ivy Ewen
Savi Jagtap, Charlie Stanford
Michelle Forde, Scarlet Marraffa
Covid-19 Information and Updates
If you have a child that is due to commence Kindy in 2023 and have not yet lodged an application, please do so as soon as possible as there are only a few spots left. Forms can be obtained on our website, from the front office or click on the link below.
Faith in Action
We show our faith in how we act during an event or incident. As students at St Anthony's, we try to make sure that we use our thoughts and feelings to make sure we act being the best people we can be.
- Are we treating people respectfully: even if we do not like them?
- Are we using our manners?
- Are we saying things to people to make them feel good and not putting them down?
- Are we trying our hardest in class and doing our best work?
Jesus always showed respect and kindness to everyone he met. He always tried to make people feel good about themselves and helped them see their gifts and talents. We always try to be Christlike. The goal for this week was to be respectful, use our manners, do our personal best and make others feel good about themselves.
August Bishops Literacy Assessment
Wednesday 10th August - Sacrament of Holy Communion Parent/Child Workshop
Monday 15th August - Assumption of Mary Whole School Liturgy (PP-6) (Year 6 Hosting)
Tuesday 23rd August/Wednesday 24th August - Year 4 Reconciliation (Church) 9.45am TBC
Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th August - Sacrament of Holy Communion
Friday 2nd September - Fathers’ Day Mass/Breakfast
Saturday 17th/Sunday 18th September - Commitment Mass/Sacrament of Reconciliation
On photo day speciality group images (eg netball, faction captains) were taken at school.
These images can be viewed and purchased at a unique website, which is DIFFERENT to where parents order the portraits and class photos online.
1. To place your order online simply go to https://mspphotography.shootproof.com/
2. Locate our school's name, then select the album titled St Anthony's School Wanneroo Specialist Groups - 2022
3. You will then be required to enter a password to view the album. The password for this POSJEN22
4. Please ensure that you use your child’s name at the checkout
5. The images you are viewing are uncropped and will be cropped to fit to a 10x8 print (as per the first image in your gallery, a sample of layout & colour)
- The online orders will be open until midnight on 18/08/2022 – for the Bulk Pricing Offer
- The Bulk Pricing Offer is $20 per print and these will be delivered to the school BY CLASS GROUP
- After the $20 pricing expires, the photos will remain available online, but the photos are now at a cost of $35 per image and delivered to a preferred address.
Year 4 News
Welcome to Term 3 where the Year 4s have been busy across many areas of the school day.
In Religion, we have been focusing on the Eucharist as many students will be making their First Holy Communion in Week 6 of this term. We have discussed how the church gathers as a community and how we continue to celebrate the Last Supper when we receive Holy Communion. It has been wonderful to see the students write down why they are looking forward to receiving Jesus at their First Holy Communion.
In English we are learning to write explanations and reports ranging from natural phenomenons and natural features, such as cyclones and volcanoes, to newspaper reports, while in Mathematics, we have been revising our multiplication facts and using this knowledge to calculate the area of a given shape.
Our Year 5 and 6 Book Club students visited the Wanneroo Gallery, Library and Cultural Centre to experience the Let Me Be Myself - The Life Story of Anne Frank exhibition. The exhibition reflected on the life of Anne Frank from her birth in Frankfurt, Germany in 1929 to her death in Bergen-Belsen in 1945. The structure and design of the exhibition enabled the students to identify with the personal story of Anne Frank.
I would like to remind you all again to keep any child home that is unwell. This is standard practise.
We have been sending home a large number of children that have either a runny nose, headache, sore throat, persistent cough or an upset stomach. While the child may not have COVID these are all symptoms of the virus, and I would strongly urge you have your child tested, with either a PCR test or a RATs test at home. If positive, then your child needs to isolate for 7 days.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Keyed Up Music will be teaching keyboard and guitar lessons this term after school. Lessons start from $19.80 for a small group. If you are interested in your son/daughter learning either guitar or keyboard, please call Savanna on 0479 171 424 or enrol at www.keyedupmusic.com.au/enrolment-form
Online Ordering (Preferred Method of Ordering)
Ordering online is our preferred method of purchase due to the current COVID climate. Please use the Quickcliq link below to set up an account. If you have already set up an online canteen account, please use the same login.
Ordering Via the Office
To view uniform prices or order uniforms via the school office, choose the relevant uniform order form below, print off and send in with the appropriate payment. The form can also be emailed directly to the uniform shop with credit card details.
The uniform shop is open on Wednesday mormings between 8.00am and 9.00am.
All items will be accepted for exchange as long as:
- They are still in their packaging and tags are still attached.
- Items have not been washed or named.
When your order has been completed it will be sent home with your child.
If you have any uniform queries please feel free to email me at:
email@example.com or you can ring the school and speak to me on Wednesdays between 9.00-10.00am.
Uniform Shop Coordinator