The DCMS Bat Signal: 4/1/19
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
Good Morning Team DCMS Superheroes!
Welcome back! We have 40 amazing days left of the 2018-2019 school year (not counting today). The time will go by very quickly as the end of year activities and events start taking place. Be tuned in to your email and other communications, as important information and deadlines will be included.
Don't forget to bring earbuds or headphones with you to the 4/9 Faculty Meeting. Schoology Training will take place and require you to use them.
**If you teach math or ELA in grades 3-8, reading these updates is NOT optional. You are expected to know the information contained in each update. Please make the time to ensure you have read and understood all of this information.**
If you missed a previous version, please catch up by accessing the following links:
- School Resumes - Monday, 4/1, - White Day
- Supt. Shafer to Meet with 7/8 Teachers during lunch - Wednesday, 4/3 from 11:47 - 12:17 in the lounge by the concession stand; please plan to attend
- School Board Meeting - Monday, 4/8, at 6:30 PM at South Elementary
- MS 5th Grade Band Information Night - Tuesday, April 9, at 7 PM in the DCMS cafe
- MS Dodgeball Tournament - Thursday, 4/11, at 5:30 PM in the MS gym
- 6th Grade Zoo Field Trip - Friday, 4/12
- DLTA Building Rep Mtg - Friday, 4/12 @ 1 PM
- DCSC Corporation Art Show - Saturday, 4/13 @ 1 PM at DHS
- 8th Grade Choir Concert @ DHS - Thursday, April 18, at 7 PM in DHS auditorium
- Olivia's Cause Convocation for All Grades- Friday, 4/19 (more details to come)
- Builders Club Earth Day 5k Run - Saturday, 4/20 @ 9 AM at South Elementary; register at www.danvillekiwanis.org
- Administrative Assistants' Week - 4/22 - 4/26 - Be sure to shower Tisha, Sheila, Penny, and Eva with all forms of appreciation!
- ILearn Testing Window - 4/22 - 5/17
- NJHS Induction Ceremony - Tuesday, 4/30, @ 6:30 PM in the gym
- School Principals' Day - Wednesday, 5/1
- Nurse's Day - Monday, 5/6
- Teacher Appreciation Week - Monday, 5/6 - Friday, 5/10 (more details to come)
- School Board Mtg - Monday, 5/13 @ 6:30 PM in South Elementary cafe
- Senior Walk @ DCMS - Tuesday, 5/14 @ ~10:55 AM; all classes to line the hallways
- 6th & 7th Grade Choir Concert - Tuesday, 5/14 @ 7 PM in the MS gym
- 4th Graders Visit DCMS - Thursday, 5/16
- 4th to 5th Parent Transition Meeting - Monday, 5/20
- MS Band Concert - Tuesday, 5/21, at 7 PM in the MS gym
- Last Student Day - Friday, 5/24
- Last Teacher Day - Tuesday, 5/28
- PLC - Wednesday, 4/3, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 4/9, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM (Schoology Training Part 1: bring headphones)
- PLC - Wednesday, 4/10, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Department Head Meeting - Tuesday, April 16, @ 3:30 PM in Marsha's office
- Faculty Mtg - Wednesday, 4/17, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM (TLaC - 100% Compliance You Can See)
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 4/23, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM (Schoology Training Part 2: bring headphones)
- EOY Meeting for Instructional Assistants - Tuesday, 4/23, @ 3:30 in training room
- EOY Meeting for Sec/Treasurer/Nurses - Tuesday, 4/23, @ 4 PM in the training room
- Faculty Mtg - Wednesday, 4/24, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM (TLaC - 100% Firm Calm Finesse ) Please PLC during common prep time one day this week. Your choice of which day.
- Faculty Mtg - Wednesday, 5/1 in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM (TLaC - 100% Firm Calm Finesse) Please PLC during common prep time one day this week. Your choice of which day.
Marsha Out - I will be out on 4/11 at the Teacher Candidate Interview Day. I hope to find us some good ones! I will also be out on 4/18 for a multitude of doctor appointments.
Shorts, Longs, & Coaching Observations – Expect that we will be visiting frequently and maybe even multiple times in a week.
Attendance Must Be Taken EACH Period – Attendance must be taken each period. This is not optional and cannot continue to be forgotten. At this point, this is considered a minimum performance expectation.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
Detention - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xz-cAK_wEAroQymY6EMxUSFs8afMLCGJ0g0UpOcnbHY/edit?usp=sharing
School Year Theme for 2019-2020? Ideas?
Finals Schedule for S2
The grades 7 & 8 finals schedule is as follows:
- Friday, 5/17 - White Related Arts
- Monday, 5/20 - Red Related Arts
- Tuesday, 5/21 - Math
- Wednesday, 5/22 - ELA
- Thursday, 5/23 - SCI
- Friday, 5/24 - SS
No final exams are to be given early.
Yearbook Signing time for students will be on Thursday, 5/23, starting at ~2:30 PM.
Yearbooks will be delivered to GOAL or last period (for 5th) prior to yearbook signing. Do not distribute to students until 2:30 PM the day of signing. If it rains, we will do 5th and 6th in their respective hallways; 7 and 8 in the café.
Last Day Schedule for 7/8
All teachers are expected to attend. If you do not have an assigned class at that time that you are taking to the gym, sit with one of the related arts teachers who has your students to assist him or her in supervision. It is likely that one or all of them will be getting up to present an award. Please spread yourselves around. Department Heads/Presenters, please be poised and ready to give your awards prior to the previous presenter finishing. The goal is to complete our program in an hour or less. When you finish presenting your award please introduce the next presenter. For example, Mrs. Hayse will say, "and now Mrs. Smith will present the Math Department awards." Mrs. Smith will say, "and now Mr. Gleason will present the Science Department awards." and so on. Keep your introduction to the awards succinct. Do not go, rogue, McGovern. Love you, Nancy.
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.