Help For Mental Disorders
by: Christian Wady, Breyanna Rice, Maddii Casey
When is help needed?
- Feeling trapped or worried
- effect on sleeping, eating habits, school work, work performance, or relationships
- involved with alcohol or drugs
- increasingly aggressive, violent or reckless
what are some types of treatment
- Psychotherapy- ongoing dialogue between a patient and a mental health professional.
- Behavior therapy- a treatment process that focuses on changing unwanted behaviors through rewards and reinforcements.
- Cognitive therapy- a treatment method designed to identify and correct distorted thinking patterns.
- Family therapy- focuses on helping the family function in more positive and constructive ways
- Group therapy- treating a group of people who have similar problems and who meet regularly with a trained counselor.
- Drug therapy- the use of certain medications to treat or reduce the symptoms of a mental disorder.
My Mental Disorder Story