WHES Heights Highlights
September 5, 2022 - September 9, 2022
Haga clic aquí para ver un video rápido (inglés).
Как этот информационный бюллетень можно перевести на более чем 100 языков?
Нажмите на ссылку здесь, чтобы посмотреть быстрое видео (английский)
4th Week of School: Highlights for the Week
Heights Highlights, September 5, 2022, Newsletter link: https://www.smore.com/y316n
Hello Westport Community,
This is Mrs. Hughes, principal of wonderful Westport Heights.
The highlights this week are:
URGENT AND IMPORTANT DISTRICT UPDATE: LAUSD Computer systems have been hacked with ransomware. All students and staff will need to reset their district password to access their LAUSD platforms and apps. See image in weekly for more details.
1. There will not be a Monday Morning Message Assembly this week.
2. Every Tuesday this school year will be early dismissal Tuesday at 1:34pm.
3. CHILD ID Picture Day is September 8, 2022. Please use the envelope sent home last week for directions on how to pay for child ID if you want your child to participate.
4. Thursday, September 8th is Minimum Day Early Dismissal at 1pm in preparation for Back to School Night that day. If your child is not a part of the STAR after school program, please make arrangements for early pick up of your child at 1pm dismissal bell.
5. Annual Title I/Back to School Night is Thursday, September 8th at 4pm - 6pm. Meet in the auditorium at 4pm - 4:55pm. Rotation I for classroom visit: 5pm. Rotation II for classroom vist: 5:30pm. Raffle of gift cards for families in attendance at the 4pm general session!
This Week's Events:
- MONDAY, September 5 2022: "Mindful" Monday
- NO SCHOOL in observance of LABOR DAY HOLIDAY
- TUESDAY, September 6, 2022: Grati-Tuesday
- Early Dismissal Tuesday for students (1:34 pm dismissal)
Please make arrangements to pick up your child early every Tuesday if they are not in the after school program
- PD (1:50 PM -2:50 PM): Minty Educational Services: Equity in Education by Dr. Qiana O'Leary (Session 4 of 4)
- Staff Meeting* (2:50 - 3:50 PM) AGENDA TOPIC: Continued Minty Educational Services: Equity in Education by Dr. Qiana O'Leary
- WEDNESDAY, September 7, 2022: "Wellness" Wednesday
- Wednesday Folder: [ Weekly Lunch Menus: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; Yoga Permission Slips ]
- YMCA PLAY Collaborative Planning (Please request an additional paper copy from main office if need one placed in your box.)
- THURSDAY, September 8, 2022: "Thoughtful" Thursday:
- Instrumental Music Class & Chorus with Ms. Greer (2nd -5th grades)
- FRIDAY, September 9, 2022 "Fun" Friday (18th day of school)
- Final Caring Assembly with Ms. A from Minty Organization (Schedule given in Teachers' Boxes)
- YMCA Yoga begins for students with Parent Permission Slips (Schedule in Google Sheets)
- School Spirit Day: All Students ant Staff Wear your CONDOR BLUE!
NEXT WEEK's Event Highlights:
Monday, September 12, 2022: TBA
Tuesday, September 13, 2022: Early Dismissal at 1:34PM
Wednesday, September 14, 2022: TBA
Thursday, September 15, 2022: TBA
Friday, September 16, 2022: TBA
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CLICK EACH IMAGE BUTTON BELOW TO ACCESS MORE DETAILS.
Superintendent Carvahlo's LAUSD News Release: Cyber Attack Ransomeware
Free Tutoring/Tutoría Gratis
Attendance Matters: You Cannot Teach to an Empty Seat
Thank you, Teachers!
Thank you teachers for completion of the second week of school. The week was spent continuing to get to buid relationships while setting routines and structures in place for learning and safety! Thank you for practicing with students, grade level colleagues, and yard supervisors around how to play the games when they are away from you at recess. The time you spent making all students and supervision staff aware of the grade level expectations during recess and lunch activities will help to reduce possible conflict! Way to keep going strong!