The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School
Week of January 14th, 2019
Dear Liberty Park Families,
I hope that you and your family had a safe and enjoyable break spending time with family and friends! 2019 is going to be another amazing year of learning and growth for our students and we are so excited to begin the 2nd semester of this school year.
Friday (the 11th) students will be bringing home their 2nd quarter report card. Please contact your child's teacher if you have any questions or would like to talk more about your students growth and achievement. Students will be receiving honor roll certificates and awards in their classrooms soon!
Students are taking their winter NWEA Map test for Math and Reading. The NWEA assessment tests your student's growth in the areas of reading and math. This assessment is one your student takes 3 times per year, each year they attend school in Warren Township. You probably remember seeing this data at Fall Conference Day in October; we will send your student’s updated scores home once we have access to them! The testing window opens on January 8th - your child’ teacher can let you know what specific testing dates your child can prepare for.
Have a great weekend and as always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary!
Boys & Girls Club will be closed on Friday January 11th. Please be sure to mark your child's exception in the School Dismissal Manager app so that we know how your child will get home from school that day. If you have any questions regarding School Dismissal Manager please contact the front office.
January 7th - School Resumes
January 11th - 2nd Quarter Report Cards Sent Home
January 12th - Robotics Team Competition
January 17th - Family Movie Night @ 6:30pm
January 21st - No School - MLK Day
January 22nd - 4th Grade Science Bowl Competition
January 26th - Robotics Team Competition
Family Movie Night
PTA FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT IS THURSDAY, JANUARY 17TH AT 6:30PM. (PTA MEETING BEGINS AT 6PM.) MOVIE IS FREE. Food will be available for a small fee. Please RSVP for the food if you will be attending. If you aren't sure, there will be extra pizza ordered.
Parent supervision is key. Volunteers are needed to help sell snacks.
THANK YOU AND WE WILL SEE YOU THURSDAY!
School Dismissal Manager:
Parents - Everyone should have received an email from School Dismissal Manager, our new dismissal software for LP. Please download the app or login via computer to set your child's DEFAULT dismissal. Once you have set their default, you only need to use the app to report your child's absences to school or make EXCEPTIONS to your child's your email or have any questions. receive. Please contact the front office if you did not receive your email or if you have any questions.
Updates and Information
- Building Entrance - As part of our building safety enhancements, our new visitor intercom system has been updated and is located just outside the building. Starting next week, when visiting us you will now need to buzz the intercom outside the building and be prepared to show the appropriate identification as you enter. As a reminder, please do NOT hold the door open for other parents coming in.
- Car Rider Drop Off Families - Please ensure that students are being dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process.
- Winter Recess Policy - School Board and School policy encourage outdoor recess for our K-4 students whenever possible to encourage activity and social playtime. Our threshold for cold weather is 20 degrees. When the temperature falls below 20, students will have recess indoors. The 20 degree temperature would also include wind chill. In other words, if the temperature is 25 but the windchill falls below 20 degrees, students would remain indoors for recess. If students are not feeling well or a parent wants them to stay in for health reasons beyond 1-2 days, a doctor's note is required.
- Birthday Treat Policy: While we love to celebrate, please remember there is a "no birthday treats" guideline. To access fun and helpful resources for healthy celebration ideas, please visit: http://www.warren.k12.in.us/wellness #wellnesswarriors #WEaretheKey
- Visitors Background Checks: Volunteers must have a valid background check on file in the front office as well as be included on a students emergency contact form for any type of school volunteer opportunities. If you would like to complete this process or have any questions please stop by our front office.
- Student Absences: If your child is ill and will not be at school, please call the front office at 532-1850 to report his/her absence. Please call and report if your child will be arriving late to school due to a doctor’s appointment. Doing so helps us to know that your child is safe and with you.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbooks should have came home with your student last week. If you did not receive a copy with the signature page please contact your child's teacher. These are also available throughout our school and district’s website. This web link will direct you to that page. http://www.warren.k12.in.us/student-rights-responsibilities
Notes from Nurse Kelly
Parents, please check your closets over the Winter Break and if your child has outgrown their uniform pants, please consider donating them to Liberty Park. We are in need of boys and girls uniform pants in sizes 5, 6, 7, and 8. Also, if your child has borrowed clothes from the school, please remember to return them to Liberty Park. If your child has had an "accident" while at school, please remember to put a change of clothes for them in their backpacks so they have their own clothes to change in to. This would be very helpful. Thank you.
Lunch Time Reminders
Food Service Department News
If you need your username and password, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so we can provide you one.
Need to speak to someone in the Food Service Department? You can also call us at 317-869-4381 or 317-869-4389. To view the Food Service website, go to http://www.warren.k12.in.us/food-service.
Jason Brooks - Principal
Kathy Hench - Dean
Beverly Stephens –Secretary/Registrar
Donata Lux – Secretary/Treasurer
Kelly Woods – Nurse