Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights - 1/7/2021
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a virtual meeting on Thursday, January 7, 2021, for the purpose of reorganizing. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved: Agenda and Addendum.
- The Board swore in Board members who were elected to serve new terms, including new Board member Pamela Baker. Welcome, Ms. Baker!
- The Board elected Tim Bart as President and Jessica Abbott as Vice President. Congratulations, Mr. Bart and Ms. Abbott!
- The Board approved a five-year employment contract for Dr. Kari McGann, Superintendent of Schools.
- The Board approved a Memorandum of Agreement reached between the Flemington-Raritan Regional Negotiations Committee of the Board of Education and the Flemington-Raritan Education Association for the Collective Negotiations Agreement for the period July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
- The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report was presented and is linked here with previous audits.
- Dr. McGann shared her Superintendent's Report, linked here.
- An audio recording of the meeting is available on our web site here.
School Board Recognition Month
Policy & Regulation Update
The following new policies and regulations were presented to the Board for a second reading and were adopted:
- P 5330.05 - Seizure Action Plan (M)
- R 5330.05 - Seizure Action Plan (M)
- P 6470.01 - Electronic Funds Transfer & Claimant Certification (M)
- R 6470.01 - Electronic Funds Transfer & Claimant Certification (M)
Board policies and regulations are available online here.
Next Meeting - January 25, 2021
- The Board will meet again on Monday, January 25, 2021.
- The 2019-2020 Educators of the Year will be honored and recognized for their prestigious achievement during the virtual meeting.
- To view the 2021 Board Schedule, click here.
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity