2. He was most famous for writing brilliant requiems that have played at many funerals over the years.
3. He wrote many types of music including vocal and piano works, orchestra, and chamber music.
4. Lastly, he wrote In Paradisum, the song we are singing in Select Choir!
Influence on Romantic Era
Faure lived through many important times including the Wright brother's first airplane flight. This was a huge time in history, and led to the everyday airlines today, including the Dallas airport near us.
2. Civil War
Faure did not live in America, so it didn't affect him as much as it affected others in the states, but he still lived through it, and was partially affected. France had a hard time deciding who to side with, but eventually stayed nuetral. It was a big time in the world's history; there was slavey, Americana may have split apart, and President Lincoln was the president.
In 1914, war broke out all over Europe. It was one of the hardest times in history. France was one of the Triple Entente, who fired in on the Central Powers. It was an extremely hard time for so many people, and eventually, the whole world was taking part in the war. After 4 long years, the war finally ended in 1918!
- Introit-Asking for attention to their prayer
- Offertory-Liberating the souls of all the dead
- Sanctus-Vision of heaven
- Benedictus-Praising God
- Agnus Dei-Asking for peace
- Libera me-Sending the soul to heaven