A monthly newsletter of activities and events at Raney
Gold Ribbon School
Raney Intermediate is a Gold Ribbon School and received the distinction in 2017 for our work with digital learning. Raney was the first school to pilot Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and become a digital citizenship certified by Common Sense Media. We still support BYOD but have created a 1:1 environment to provide equity for all students. We believe digital citizenship is foundational to our 1:1 environment. Students will use Canvas and Google Classroom throughout their years at Raney. Raney has also been recognized as a California Distinguished School.
R - Respect
O - Ownership
C - Commitment
K - Kindness
Every day, everywhere, we want students to continue to demonstrate Raney ROCKs qualities. It starts with arriving on to class on time and be prepared to work - that's two of our expectations (Commitment and Ownership) we expect from ALL KNIGHTS. Students will earn points through our online reward system and they can redeem their points for a variety of items that include school supplies, spirit wear, snacks and tickets to upcoming events.
IMPORTANT DATES COMING UP
Student Orientation - August 9
- 6th grade from 8:00 am to 8:45 am
- 7th grade from 9:00 am to 11:00 am
- 8th grade 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
- Students will be taking pictures for their ID cards which they will be required to wear every day at school.
- Students will be able to purchase their PE clothes, spirit wear, and yearbooks along with their class books which can be picked up in the library..
First Day of School - August 12
- School begins at 7:45 am
- Parents do not need to stay with their students. Students will pick up schedules in their first period class.
Yearbook Pictures - August 20
PATHWAYS AT RANEY
For more information CLICK HERE or contact our AVID coordinator Mrs. Shafiyoon.
For more information CLICK HERE or contact our STEM coordinator Mr. Tsang.
For more information CLICK HERE or contact our IBMYP coordinator Ms. Hamel.