LIS Update 8/14/2019
- Remember there may be some glitches in the Sync between ESP and Destiny. Make sure to search for patrons across the district before you add them. Directions for adding patrons can be found in the Destiny FAQ's.
- The What's New in Destiny 17.0 Webinar is available for viewing.
- There will be a What's new for Destiny Discover 17.0 Webinar August 20th. Here's the Registration Link.
BPlus and Block Survey
As I mentioned at the August Meeting, I would like to gather a little information about BPlus access and Block Rotations. I have created two forms to capture this information. Please fill out the form for your grade level by August 30th so I can share the information with Pam.
Month By Month Tasks
The Monthly Reports are all in the Alief Librarians One Note> Monthly Reports> 2019-2020 Monthly Reports.
Fall LIS Professional Development
All sessions count for Alief ISD Professional Development credit for the 2019-2020 PD year.
HPL Learning Link Resources in Back to School Communicator
There will be additional HPL Learning Link Professional Development Sessions this fall. Check out the links in Eduphoria.
Items from the Community
- Baker & Taylor will be hosting Title Talk Trends - Spring 2020 Titles at Robinson Westchase Library on September 13, 2019 and we are all invited. Participants must register to attend.
- Nkem DenChukwu is a FBISD mom and author. She is interested in school visits. Information about her and her books is at http://nkemdenchukwu.com/
- District 8 is seeking proposals for breakout sessions for their Fall Conference. To apply, fill out this Google Form.