Where am I from / Place of Origin
- I am from India.
- In India, it was good there, and it was a country of great history.
More about India
- India is a country in southern Asia that ranks as the second largest country in the world in population.
- India has been home to several major empires and civilizations through the ages.
- There are four principal languages of southern India—Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, and Telugu.
- Most of India's people live in villages. Most villagers are farmers who work in nearby fields. A typical Indian village is a collection of mud-and-straw dwellings.
- We got to the US by airplane.
- We arrived here in the year 1969.
- We moved here because my ancestor got a job in the computer field.
- The journey was a long one - nearly two days.
- When we got here, we settled in Pittsbergh, Pensilvania and started a daily life.
- Life was different and exiting at the same time.
- The experience was difficult, because they didn't know how to communicate with the locals.
- They adapted to living here by going for language classes and adapting to the system.
- The US is very different from where we are from, because the food, culture and language were different.
- My artifacts once belonged to my great grandfather and great grandmother.
- My artifacts are more than 75 yrs old.
- The artifacts are from Coimbature, India.
- These artifacts are special to our family because, multiple generations owned and used the artifacts. That brings sentimental value.
- The artifacts purposes are to live in it, cook with it, and to make money with it.
More about Artifacts
- My great grandfather and great grandmother passed these artifacts down to me.
- The artifacts are also worth more now than when my parents were young.
- The artifact was made by building and fixing.
- The artifact changed through time in the way that it got older and renovations for modernization were made.