Blair Oaks High School - February 1, 2019
We want your feedback!
The phrase, "We Are Blair Oaks," represents such pride and meaning to the patrons, families, and students of Blair Oaks R-II District. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and growth based on the input of all stakeholders. As a District, we are working to develop our vision - where we see ourselves in the future.
As parents and guardians of the most important people in our building, your responses are, and will be, vital to how we continue to form and redefine our vision at Blair Oaks R-II School District. We understand and recognize that your time is valuable and appreciate your input.
Please help us reflect by providing feedback on the survey linked below.
Order your Yearbook before February 15th!
Talon yearbooks may still be ordered. The cost for purchase before Friday, Feb. 15th, is $35.00. After that date, the cost will increase to $40.00. The yearbook may be ordered at the following web page: Josten's Blair Oaks High School Yearbook.
Talon yearbook staff regularly post pictures of school activities on their Facebook page. To follow high school events, be sure to like Talon Yearbook on Facebook!
2nd Annual Friends of FFA Dinner & Dance
- What: Cowboy Boots & Country Roots Dinner & Dance Flyer
- Date: Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Time: 5:00 p.m. - 12:00 p.m., see flyer for details
- Location: Wardsville Lions Club, Wardsville, MO
- Cost: $40.00 per person or $320 for reserved table of 8
Come and enjoy the evening with us and support the Blair Oaks FFA Program. Contact Travis Roling at 573-690-7740 for tickets or more information.
Culver's Fundraising Night
Blair Oaks Choir invites you to join them for Culver's Fundraising Night.
- What: Culver's Fundraising Night
- When: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Time: 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Culver's, 1920 Jefferson Street, Jefferson City
- Culver's will donate a percentage of the sales profit for the evening.
Thank you for your support!
Project Graduation Chicken Dinner
- What: Chicken Dinner & Silent Auction
- When: Sunday, March 3, 2019
- Where: Wardsville Lions Club
- Cost: $10 per plate
- Chicken plate includes mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans, cole slaw, & roll
- Serving/Carryout: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Silent Auction; 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Tickets are available from seniors and in the Blair Oaks high school office.
The Trials of Robin Hood
What: Blair Oaks High School Play
Where: Shikles Auditorium
When: March 8th and 9th - 7:00 PM
Tickets: $8 (They will go on sale February 25.)
You can also buy tickets at the door.
Robin Hood: lusty hero, hopeless lover, or evil criminal? Upon his return from the Crusades, King Richard is forced to try and figure out what happened in his kingdom during his absence. Is the outlaw Robin Hood a hero, a lovelorn sap, or just plain mean? Told from the perspectives of Robin himself, Maid Marian, and the Sheriff of Nottingham, this hilarious tale combines three different stories into one -- and with three different endings, leaves it up to the audience to decide which one is true.
Sew It Up!
Mrs. Linda Cumpton, Blair Oaks High School's Family & Consumer Science teacher, will "Sew It Up", i.e. do all your alterations! Linda and her team are available to sew patches on letter jackets, hem pants, and make alterations on dresses, along with other clothing alterations/repairs. The cost is simply a donation to support the FCCLA LifeSmarts team.
If you have any work that needs to be done, contact Mrs. Cumpton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alterations may be brought to the high school office for drop-off and pick-up.
Mark your calendars!
- February 12 - Boys Basketball Senior Night, Blair Oaks v. California
- February 14 - Girls Basketball Senior Night, Blair Oaks v. California
- February 16 - Friends of FFA Dinner & Dance, 5-12 p.m.
- February 18 - Make-up snow day #1 - School is in session.
- February 20 - ACT test for juniors that signed up in English class
- February 20 - Choir Culver's Night, 5-9 p.m.
- February 21 - Pre-Registration Parent Info Night (for 8th Graders)
- February 23 - Choir Wal-Mart Fundraiser 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- March 3 - Project Graduation Chicken Dinner
- March 8-9 - HS Play, The Trials of Robin Hood
- March 16 - Football Fundraiser Dinner, Auction, and Dance, 5-12 p.m.
- March 23 - Choir Fundraising Concert, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- April 2 - Make-up snow day #2 - School is in session.