March 4, 2019
Happy Birthday through Spring Break!
Congratulations to Rodney Belcher
Last Friday he was back at that state tournament to be recognized for that award AND for being named NATIONAL COACH of the YEAR! See picture below.
From the Registrar
The 3rd 9 week grading period will end Friday, March 8th – right before Spring Break.
Your grades will not be picked up until Wednesday MARCH 20th
Report cards will be in 2nd period teachers’ mailboxes on Friday the 22nd.
Two items of note:
a. Incompletes from the first semester should be cleared by now. I have sent emails to all teachers with outstanding “I” grades. If you have not responded please do so now. If you aren’t sure, please contact me and I’ll check the status.
b. The Final Class rank and GPA for Seniors will be run at the beginning of April so please encourage any seniors with Incompletes from 3rd 9 weeks (or before) to complete their work asap.
TEAMS Absence Reporting Update
Please take a moment to look at changes when entering an absence in TEAMS:
· You must request a sub….it is no longer the default choice.
· You may only edit future dates, and no dates already approved may be edited.
TEAMS UPDATE WHEN ENTERING AN ABSENCE:
TEAMS received an update on Friday. Employees entering absences through the Employee Service Center (ESC) will see a different user interface (calendar is gone). Please ensure your employees are aware, when inputting an absence through ESC, of the different feel and that they need to actively choose whether or not they need a sub. For more details, please see the information at the following TEAMS support link: http://support.teams.solutions/enhancements/Default.htm#2.11/Finance_MoreInfo/ESC_MyAbsenceReporting.htm
There is a calendar showing work days that is accessible through much clicking in TEAMS in the Employee Service Center.
Here’s how you get to this calendar:
· Log in to your Employee Service Center
· Click on ‘my pay information’ on the left-hand side of the screen
· Highlight the most recent assignment year by clicking on its row
· Click ‘agree’ in the popup box
· After the popup box disappears, click on the blue text (should be your assigned role category, e.g.. ‘paraprof10mo’) beside the ‘calendar name’ text
· A calendar will pop up. You can’t input anything into this calendar, but you can at least see your working days/non-working days.
Please remember to have students turn in their phones before taking a bathroom pass.
2/28 -- Plano's Got Talent
2/28-3/1 -- Orchestra UIL Contest
3/1-3 -- Spanish Competition: Pan American Student Forum, San Antonio
3/2 -- Jazz Invitational
3/4-7 -- TELPAS Reading and Listening
3/6-10 -- State Academic Decathlon, San Antonio
3/7 -- Orchestra Spring Trip to Orlando
3/8 -- End of 3rd grading period
3/15-16 -- Robotics hosts First in Texas competition in our gym
3/22-23 -- Robotics to Greenville District Competition
3/22-23 -- Texas French Symposium @ PESH
4/3 -- Dance Class Showcase, 7 p.m., theatre
4/4-7 -- Band Spring Trip to Corpus
4/6-9 -- Choir Spring Trip to New Orleans
4/26-27 -- State VASE, San Marcos
I. Campus and Personal Trade Hours: Do you have your hours???
Time to take a pulse check! Wondering how many hours you have logged as campus and personal trade hours? Just email Coryn and she’ll tell you!
II. There are still opportunities to sign up for Wellness PD. Here is the form to sign. We have adjusted the form so that you can sign up for multiple activities/dates at once. Hope you'll participate in these great activities designed to encourage a little self care!
III. Here are the dates when we will have campus pdh. These will also be in the lecture hall from 7:45-8:30, 3:30-4:15, and 4:30-5:15 each day.
3/21/19 Grading Tips sharing/Coryn
5/16/19 Collaborative teaming (progress assessment and planning)/Ashley Helms (afternoon times in C111)
These DO count toward your flex/trade hours.
IV. Campus Restorative Team
The SEL / Restorative Practices team has been working to put together several sessions of Professional Development for you to attend.
Most of the sessions are available to earn PD credit towards your required number of hours.
Our first session is this coming Thursday (2/21). We are offering a variety of times for the session throughout the day.
Click the link below to register for the date, time, and room you are interested in. You may sign up for one each month or just select the one(s) that interest you.
We look forward to sharing these strands with you this spring semester.
IV. Our district Social Emotional Learning/Restorative Practices training sessions are now open for enrollment in MyLearning Plan. Please share with your staff members as you see fit.
March 20 --4:00-6:00- -Respect/Relationship Agreements-Bird Center-Building A
April 17 --3:30-5:30- Adult SEL Competence and Wellness- Bird Center-Building A
- LADY WILDCATS vs Highland Park at Clark East, Tue. Mar. 5th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs Jesuit at Jesuit High, Tue. Mar. 5th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY LADY WILDCATS vs. Allen, Tue. Mar. 5th, at Allen. JV plays at 5:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:00pm.
- JV & VARSITY LADY WILDCATS vs. Plano West, Fri. Mar. 8th, at PSHS. JV plays at 5:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:00pm.
- JV & VARSITY LADY WILDCATS vs. McKinney, Tue. Mar. 12th, at PSHS. JV plays at 5:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:00pm.
- JV & VARSITY LADY WILDCATS vs. Plano East, Wed. Mar. 13th, at Plano East. JV plays at 5:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:00pm.
- VARSITY WILDCATS at Frisco Tournament, Thu. Mar. 7th thru Sat. Mar. 9th.
Thu. Mar. 7th vs. Braswell at Lebanon Trail High School at 9:00am.
Thu. Mar. 7th vs. Midway at Lone Star High School at 3:00pm
Fri. Mar. 8th vs. Lebanon Trail at Dr. Pepper Ballpark at 12:00pm.
Fri. Mar. 8th vs. Independence at Dr. Pepper Ballpark at 3:00pm.
Sat. Mar. 9th vs. Newman Smith at Lone Star High School at 12:00pm.
Sat. Mar. 9th vs. Little Elm at Lone Star High School at 3:00pm.
- JV WILDCATS vs McKinney North (DH), Fri. Mar. 8th at PSHS. Time is 4:30pm and 7:00pm.
- VARSITY WILDCATS vs. Allen, Tue. Mar. 12th at Allen. Time is 7:30pm.
- JV WILDCATS vs. Allen, Tue. Mar. 12th at Allen. Time is 4:30pm.
- VARSITY WILDCATS vs. Allen, Fri. Mar. 15th at PSHS. Time is 7:30pm.
- JV WILDCATS vs. Allen, Fri. Mar. 15th at PSHS. Time is 4:30pm.
- WILDCATS at Dan Christie Relays, Fri. Mar. 8th at Prosper High School in Prosper.
- WILDCATS (800m and up only) at Texas Distance Festival, Sat. Mar. 16th at Dawson Middle School in Southlake.
- VARSITY BOYS at Prosper Tournament - Gentle Creek, Mon. Mar. 4th in Prosper.
- JV GIRLS and BOYS at Watters Creek JV Tournament, Wed.Mar. 6th in Plano.
- WILDCATS vs. Texoma, Tue. Mar. 5th at PSHS. Time is 7:45pm.